Question i7700k + RX 570 potential bottleneck?

Feb 19, 2019
Is the i7700k too powerful for an RX 570? Does anyone out there have a more in depth review of this pairing? I can't seem to find much about it else where.

Feb 19, 2019
NO, I don't think that your CPU is going to bottleneck the RX 570. You can pair it. On what Screen RES are you playing games ?
1080p. I just experience weird behavior in form of heavy FPS drops as well as high CPU temps and GPU temps in particular games. Especially in Sea of Thieves, which is a game that I play a lot, so it's super annoying.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
did you overclock your system? and what is your full specs for you pc.

you can try this for the mean time, use msi afterburner and use the onscreen display thingy option where you can see your temps, clock speed for cpu and gpu. it maybe you are thermal throttling so both your cpu and gpu underclocks to cool it self down.
if thats the case, make sure your cpu cooler is well seated or you can replace the thermal compound (something like thermal grizzly for example) for your cpu and gpu see if theres an improvement there.

you can also but this is very unlikely, do a clean install of your drivers for your gpu. use DDU and just follow the instructions. maybe its some faulty driver issue and is an relatively easy fix.

you can also check if your psu is having and issue again this is another unlikely scenario but it can be a cause. you can try borrowing a good powersupply unit and test it in your system if this heavy performance hit occurs

id point out to trouble shooting your RAM as well but im not knowledgeable about ram issues so i cant give any advice or tips on what to check or look out for.

Feb 19, 2019
did you overclock your system? and what is your full specs for you pc.

you can try this for the mean time, use msi afterburner and use the onscreen display thingy option where you can see your temps, clock speed for cpu and gpu. it maybe you are thermal throttling so both your cpu and gpu underclocks to cool it self down.
if thats the case, make sure your cpu cooler is well seated or you can replace the thermal compound (something like thermal grizzly for example) for your cpu and gpu see if theres an improvement there.

you can also but this is very unlikely, do a clean install of your drivers for your gpu. use DDU and just follow the instructions. maybe its some faulty driver issue and is an relatively easy fix.

you can also check if your psu is having and issue again this is another unlikely scenario but it can be a cause. you can try borrowing a good powersupply unit and test it in your system if this heavy performance hit occurs

id point out to trouble shooting your RAM as well but im not knowledgeable about ram issues so i cant give any advice or tips on what to check or look out for.

My full specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7700k (Turbo Boost and EIST set to off for lower temps), Hyper TX3i Cooler + Arctic MX-4 Thermal Compound
GPU: MSI RX 570 8GB Armor (OC out of the box...)
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair RAM 2133mhz DUAL CHANNEL
MOBO: MSI B250M Gaming Pro
PSU: EVGA 500w White
Storage: 240 GB BX500 Crucial SSD + 2000 GB WD Digital Green 5000 RPM
Case: CM Silencio 352 mini tower

Thank you for the tips!

Feb 19, 2019
ummm i think your cpu cooler isnt capable of handling the i7 7700k. id suggest getting a beefier cpu cooler since that is a 130+w tdp cpu and your cooler was designed for a significantly less powerful cpu.

Just ordered a Pure Rock 4 from Be Quiet. Thanks for the advice!