Question I7700k upgrade.

Apr 17, 2019
I currently have a i7700k cpu and 1080 I am currently about to upgrade to a 2080ti RTX Strix I was potentially looking at upgrading my cpu to a i9900k but I would need to replace my current mobo... ive seen a lot of people 50/50 with this as the i9 is still pretty expensive, and a lot of people are saying it’s not worth the upgrade should I stick with getting a i9 or
Upgrade to something different I also need to mention it’s for streaming and playing pc games at high resolution would appreciate your guys help. Thanks

Last edited:

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
What resolution/refresh rate is your monitor?

I'd honestly wait a month or two if you can. I believe Ryzen 3000 should be coming out in roughly that time frame.

Edit: You should probably mention that you want to game + stream, hence wanting more cores.

Apr 17, 2019
What resolution/refresh rate is your monitor?

I'd honestly wait a month or two if you can. I believe Ryzen 3000 should be coming out in roughly that time frame.

Edit: You should probably mention that you want to game + stream, hence wanting more cores.
Yes will edit the post cheers. I use a Asus pg278qr 165hz 1440p

Apr 17, 2019
I currently have a i7700k cpu and 1080 I am currently about to upgrade to a 2080ti RTX Strix I was potentially looking at upgrading my cpu to a i9900k but I would need to replace my current mobo... ive seen a lot of people 50/50 with this as the i9 is still pretty expensive, and a lot of people are saying it’s not worth the upgrade should I stick with getting a i9 or
Upgrade to something different I also need to mention it’s for streaming and playing pc games at high resolution would appreciate your guys help. Thanks