i860 print speed....

archive:no

Based on posts here and reviews at an online store, I bought meself a
Canon i860. It prints fast b/w, but the color stuff i've tried has left
me unimpressed. Here's the situation....

One laptop, with Win98, 160M Ram, PIII, 300MHz using MS Publisher98. I
create a flyer (real estate oriented) with multiple photos. After I
click print, it takes 1 minute for printer to pull paper to start
printing. Then takes another 2'45" to finish. That's about as slow as
the lexmark i replaced.

Other laptop, WinXP Pro, Centrino 1.5M, 500M Ram using OpenOffice1.1.0
Draw, similar flyer takes about as long to print. I then turned off ECP
mode and indentify paper type and print was about a minute faster (only
took 15 seconds to start, but a full two minutes to print the page.)....

So, anything i can do to speed it up?? Or is this to be expected given
the multiple photos?? Is there a printer setting i can change??

These were all done with standard print quality.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

delete win doze to reply directly

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Do you have the usb port connected? I just bought the 960 and am very
impressed with the speed. I have a slow USB port on my old computer.