[SOLVED] i9 10850k vs R5 5600x

Feb 5, 2021
Microcenter has a deal where the i9 is only 50 dollars more than the 5600x. Is it a good deal? What are the differences in temp and power draw as well as performance? I am coming from a 4690k so anything is an upgrade. Which one is better?

Solution
Microcenter has a deal where the i9 is only 50 dollars more than the 5600x. Is it a good deal? What are the differences in temp and power draw as well as performance? I am coming from a 4690k so anything is an upgrade. Which one is better?
It depends on what you need. Either will be an upgrade as you mentioned. Both are 65w processors but the Intel is core heavy while the AMD has a faster single thread performance:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...-10900F-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X/2284vs3798vs3859

If you need more cores for multitasking (ideally paired with a lot of ram)--Intel. If you have a single task environment that needs ultimate speed (photo/video work, games)--AMD.
Hello there!!
Im terms of value for money the i9 10850k cannot be beaten although the power consumption and heat is high if budget doesnt allow you to get a good cooler,psu,motherboard and you arent gonna OC consider getting i9 10900F. Whats the pc going to be used for? How many monitors? Resolution?

Last edited:
It depends on what you need. Either will be an upgrade as you mentioned. Both are 65w processors but the Intel is core heavy while the AMD has a faster single thread performance:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compar...-10900F-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-5600X/2284vs3798vs3859

If you need more cores for multitasking (ideally paired with a lot of ram)--Intel. If you have a single task environment that needs ultimate speed (photo/video work, games)--AMD.

Solution