Question i9-10900 vs i9-10900K for Premiere Pro

PewterScreaminMach

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
In general terms, how much of a performance difference would you expect to see between a 10900 and 10900K specifically for use in Adobe Premiere Pro with 4K video editing? No overclocking of CPU or GPU and I'm less concerned about render time than Live Preview capabilities.

System would have 32GB of memory, a 2060 Super, and working off of an M.2 hard drive.

Basically, I'm looking for "you will notice a significant difference" vs "not too much", as the price difference is pretty big between the two ways I can put together this order (can't build myself, has to be purchased through a major company and there are limitations with the ways you can configure).

mdd1963

Champion
I doubt the 100-200 lower clock speeds of the 10900 would be all that noticeable in most single threaded tasks, and, perhaps even short multithreaded tasks...; however, I'd get the "K" variant anyway, just to avoid the minimum base clock speed pf only 2.8 GHz, that is a full 1 GHz less than that of the 10900K for sustained workloads such as encountered when editing/rendering.

Reactions: PewterScreaminMach

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS