Question i9 10900k + lian li galahad 240 aio cooler

tekken3600

Honorable
Dec 18, 2016
Hi all.
This february, I bought a PC with a processor Intel Core i9 10900K and with an AIO cooler Lian Li Galahad 240 RGB.

In winter and spring season, cpu temperature was 65-70 degrees in Celsius while gaming. This month (August), the temps are 80-90 Celsius while gaming. I cleared the radiator and the fans and repasted the cpu but the temps remained the same.
Inside the AI Suite 3 app in the Fan Xpert 4 options, I switched to full speed mode and temps have become 70-75 Celsius.

My questions are:
Is this temperature raise normal due to the summer season? I mean the room temperature is higher by almost 10 degrees but does it really affect the CPU temp as well?
And is it okay if I use full speed CPU fan mode while only gaming I mean will it ruin the AIO?
Or should I buy a better cooler for the CPU?

Thank you for your answers in advance and sorry for my english.

Yes your cpu temperature will be affected by a higher starting room temperature. My winter cpu temps with an aio cooler is around 69-72 c. In the summer my temps are around 78-80c. I too have to run my fans at high speed in summer to bring it back down to 72-74c. Running your fans at full speed during gaming is not a bad thing. Fans are rated for 30 to 50 thousand hours usage lifespan. A few hours a day at full speed is not going to ruin your fans.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hey there,

The short answer is, yes, ambient temps can play apart, specially during summertime. Typically you can expect your CPU temp to be about plus 10-15c over ambient.

Standard room temp is considered 21c-24c. For every 1c in temp above ambient you can expect the CPU temp to rise by 1c too.

So, as an example, my PC is currently idling at 31c which is approx 11c over my room temp (which is 20c set manually) If my room temps increase by 1c, then my CPU will do the same.

Ideally, as a system builder, it would be good to factor in a cooler that will be capable of keeping the CPU at lower temps, even with higher ambient, and prevent it form possibly throttling, or having to increase fan speeds so much, that you have to listen to a jet engine while playing games!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
Hi all.
This february, I bought a PC with a processor Intel Core i9 10900K and with an AIO cooler Lian Li Galahad 240 RGB.

In winter and spring season, cpu temperature was 65-70 degrees in Celsius while gaming. This month (August), the temps are 80-90 Celsius while gaming. I cleared the radiator and the fans and repasted the cpu but the temps remained the same.
Inside the AI Suite 3 app in the Fan Xpert 4 options, I switched to full speed mode and temps have become 70-75 Celsius.

My questions are:
Is this temperature raise normal due to the summer season? I mean the room temperature is higher by almost 10 degrees but does it really affect the CPU temp as well?
And is it okay if I use full speed CPU fan mode while only gaming I mean will it ruin the AIO?
Or should I buy a better cooler for the CPU?

Thank you for your answers in advance and sorry for my english.
Yes temps will rise in the summer. The 10900K is a very hot CPU, if your running at a 4.9Ghz all core boost then I would say 75C at 100% fan speed on a 240mm AIO was actually pretty good. I would not at all worry about the longevity of your fans by running at 100%, they are rated for 40,000 hours. I've never had a fan from a main brand die on me even after a decade of use in some cases. Even if they did die, they are easy to replace. It's much more important to keep your components cool.