[SOLVED] i9 10900K + RTX 3090 - Low FPS on Warzone

nico335

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hi guys, I just built my rig in November but I feel like I may be missing something here. I didn't touch anything in BIOS after building (other than booting Windows OS of course).

At the time of this post, I consider myself lucky if I even see 150 fps on Warzone. I see people with similar builds averaging 170-190, even reaching 200+. I have watched countless videos on YouTube regarding COD / Warzone graphics settings and run everything on low (as much as I hate it, but gotta do what you gotta do for those frames I guess). I have Googled this topic and have even come across discussions that say try switching BIOS PCI settings from Auto to Gen 4 -- in my case, it would be Gen 3. Anyone know if this would make a difference in my situation? I've tried it and Windows didn't even boot up so I reverted my settings just out of worry that I'll screw something up. Also with my RAM, should DRAM Frequency be set to DDR-3200MHz? It's currently set to "Auto" as well.

Any advice / recommendations / suggestions are welcomed.

In short, my in-game graphics settings are all where they should be, as well as my NVIDIA Control Panel settings; yet I KNOW my FPS is low for this set-up.

My setup:
-Intel Core i9-10900K
-ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI)
-ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3090
-G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
-SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
-CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler
-EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2

Solution
you will need to activate the xmp profile in the bios of your motherboard to get further frames. The low ram speed currently has you getting lower than is expected.
With your current setup, your ram speed will remain the limiting factor even after the fact.

The faster your ram up unil some ungodly/expensive speed will always be your issue considering the entire setup. Check out the video for further advice. You can take your ram speed as far as is reasonable considering the budget. 3200Mhz should be great until your next upgrade. If you insist on the upgrade after watching the video it seems that stopping the ram speed is around 4166Mhz

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0zGeb9M8zM

My advice is get...

nico335

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?

is the ram running at 3200?
Usually about 68 Celsius... have never seen it go past 72.

When I was in my BIOS menu, it said 2133MHz.... I have a feeling this may be the culprit? But before I do any changes, I wanna confirm where DRAM Frequency should be at.

you will need to activate the xmp profile in the bios of your motherboard to get further frames. The low ram speed currently has you getting lower than is expected.
With your current setup, your ram speed will remain the limiting factor even after the fact.

The faster your ram up unil some ungodly/expensive speed will always be your issue considering the entire setup. Check out the video for further advice. You can take your ram speed as far as is reasonable considering the budget. 3200Mhz should be great until your next upgrade. If you insist on the upgrade after watching the video it seems that stopping the ram speed is around 4166Mhz

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0zGeb9M8zM

My advice is get up as far as you can ! 3733Mhz seems to be as far as you can go without spending a ridiculous amount. Do this and wait for the thrid generation of upgrades past this point. 2- 3 years
. DDR5 speed (4800Mhz) on release will be quite low comparatively, but by the second or third iteration you will be able to max out your RTX3090's abilities.

Last edited:
Solution