[SOLVED] i9-7900X Throttling Question

MoreTech

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
Hello, I currently am experiencing an issue, which I know is probably a feature, but I want to fully utilize my CPU. The issue is that when my PC is idle, or is using just a few programs, it will operate below the base clock.

I have my power settings on "High Performance". I also disabled Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology in the BIOS, along with the CPU SVID Support. I'm not sure what else to do, so that it's not dropping below the base clock and performing as advertised.

Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you in advance for taking time to read this!

Solution
If it rises back to decent clockspeeds under load, then that is not throttling....

If your temps are 100C (look at HWMonitor) and you see clock speeds reducing to several hundred MHz below base clock, that would be indicative of throttling....

What is cooling the processor in question? (Takes more than a Hyper212, I'm afraid...)
If it rises back to decent clockspeeds under load, then that is not throttling....

If your temps are 100C (look at HWMonitor) and you see clock speeds reducing to several hundred MHz below base clock, that would be indicative of throttling....

What is cooling the processor in question? (Takes more than a Hyper212, I'm afraid...)

Solution