Question i9-9900 mouse polling rate issues?

Bugal Jackson

Honorable
Jul 9, 2016
For the past few days, trying to play games on my relatively new build, with mouse I have been dealing with extreme frame drops. I eventually narrowed it down to my mouse, whenever I move my mouse the frames drop tremendously in-game. Games I have tried are rocket league, battlefield 4 and overwatch. I use a logitech g502 so in the logitech software, I dropped it from 500 to 125 and it went away. But I figured this would not be ideal in the long run so I uninstalled my usb root hub 3.0 driver and reset windows, then Battlefield 4 seems to run flawaless at 1000 rate now. This game was affected the worst, moving my mouse would delay the action of every single other control I pressed for many seconds. But the other two games still struggle whenever I move the mouse at 1000 or 500 rate. What am I to do now?

Specs:
i9-9900
16 gb ram
asrock taichi z390
gtx 1070

Additionally, on my older build which I've upgraded from a month ago, I have never dealt with such an issue, I used logitech g402 and g602 with it.
i7-7700k
16 gb ram
gigabyte z190x-ud3 ultra
gtx 1070

Was this upgrade merely a 'change CPU/mainboard and reboot', or, a fresh installation...(things can go wrong quickly with mixtures of old and new, or lack of, chipset drivers, etc.) If everything seems fine except in games, you might try complete removal/reinstall of one of the games in question with the issues...

Bugal Jackson

Honorable
Jul 9, 2016
Was this upgrade merely a 'change CPU/mainboard and reboot', or, a fresh installation...(things can go wrong quickly with mixtures of old and new, or lack of, chipset drivers, etc.) If everything seems fine except in games, you might try complete removal/reinstall of one of the games in question with the issues...
Everything in this build is new except for the GPU, and is a fresh install of windows. First thing I did was use the CD included with motherboard to install the drivers.