Question i9 9900 (non-K), questions

mahanddeem

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Hello,
I am thinking to get the i9 9900 (non-K) version with an Asus Z390 or Z370 motherboard. I already have a case, quality PSU, good DDR4 and drives.

Question please:
  1. What is the stock out the box clock for all 16 cores for the 9900 when under full load if all multi-core enhancements enabled in Asus BIOS?
  2. Can I under-volt this 9900 being a locked processor? will I have such tweaks in a locked CPU
  3. Can I use it with an overclocked DDR4 if motherboard supports the ram speeds?
The reason I ask is that I always had K lineup Intel CPUs, never had a locked one, so no prior experience with these.

Thanks

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
What is the stock out the box clock for all 16 cores for the 9900
Remember the 9900 has 8 cores. 16 threads. Not 16 cores.

Stock clock is 3.1

Turbo operates roughly:
1 core
5.0​
2 core
5.0​
3 core
4.9​
4 core
4.8​
5 core
4.8​
6 core
4.7​
7 core
4.7​
8 core
4.6​

Can I under-volt this 9900 being a locked processor? will I have such tweaks in a locked CPU
This usually depends on the motherboard. But should be able to on any Z board. Why do you want to undervolt exactly?

Can I use it with an overclocked DDR4 if motherboard supports the ram speeds?
Yes, and the CPU supports them as well.
XMP for example is seperate from the multiplier lock.

mahanddeem

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Thanks
I undervolt to enhance cooling and preserve power consumption

I think 4.6GHz all cores is excellent for my needs

How much voltage do you think an "average" 9900 need to hold 4.6GHz stable at max load (sans AVX for example)?

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
Well problem is they're all different, I haven't experimented with the 9900 at all myself.

IMO, rather than set a benchmark, it would be doing some good research on undervolting, then gradually tweaking and testing, as if I give you an "average" now, and you test it, you could risk damage or instability to the system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS