[SOLVED] i9 9900K bluescreen/lag issues

Rocco90

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
Hey!

Recently reinstalled Windows after i had some audio issues. After this i was having FPS drops while playing games, even tho i play on low settnings to keep FPS as stable as possible.
After searching for days what this problem could be, everything was ok after i enabled 'Multicore enachments' in my BIOS settnings, but now i get some random bluescreens from time to time.

Anyone got an idea what this could be?

PC:

i9 9900K
Asrock Extreme4
Nvidia 2080 SUPER
16GB RAM

Everything was fine before i reinstalled Windows, playing the same video games.

Thanks!

Solution
No idea what it's like now, but Gigabyte's Z390 Gaming X was one of the cheapest boards that would run a 9900K reasonably well.

If you've actually gotten the voltage low enough to stop the VRM from throttling under load, that's an accomplishment.
Auto Vcore usually is higher than it needs to be on motherboards, but it's done that way on purpose due to silicon quality. No 2 cpus are ok under the same voltage settings, but by overvolting, it's ensured that even the worst chips will be stable at the advertised specs.
Like this, many systems benefit from undervolting.

Rocco90

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
yes, you can try it now.

I turned it off, and tried your settings. Sent me straight to blackscreen after Windows was done loading

I turned off Multicore encachments now, and set fixed voltage to 1.235 and everything seems stable now

I dont understand any of this, is my CPU <Mod Edit> or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KarınDesen31
Nov 1, 2021
I turned it off, and tried your settings. Sent me straight to blackscreen after Windows was done loading

I turned off Multicore encachments now, and set fixed voltage to 1.235 and everything seems stable now

I dont understand any of this, is my CPU <Mod Edit> or what?
I said 1.320v, it went black. You made it stable by reducing the voltage, I think your CPU can really stabilize 5.0ghz at low voltage.

Nov 1, 2021
Should i try to reduce the voltage at 5ghz until its stable? It didnt like 1.320v it seems

Why do you think that? Sorry im a OC newbie
Isn't it 1.235V and 5.0GHZ right now?
I think your processor has good potential, the average recommended voltage is less than 5.0GHz, and it is stable, which is a good thing, you can stay at this setting if the temperatures are reasonable.

Rocco90

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
Isn't it 1.235V and 5.0GHZ right now?
I think your processor has good potential, the average recommended voltage is less than 5.0GHz, and it is stable, which is a good thing, you can stay at this setting if the temperatures are reasonable.

No I put everything back to stock after the blackscreen, i only it put to fixed voltage now
I dont get why everything is ok now with stock settnings, multicore off and fixed low voltage

Nov 1, 2021
No I put everything back to stock after the blackscreen, i only it put to fixed voltage now
I dont get why everything is ok now with stock settnings, multicore off and fixed low voltage
if you don't lose performance, maybe there are voltage sensitive cores
if you want to fix it you can try 1.3V 50X CPU - 47X Ring, LLC4 or LLC3.

Rocco90

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021
Last edited by a moderator:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No idea what it's like now, but Gigabyte's Z390 Gaming X was one of the cheapest boards that would run a 9900K reasonably well.

If you've actually gotten the voltage low enough to stop the VRM from throttling under load, that's an accomplishment.
Auto Vcore usually is higher than it needs to be on motherboards, but it's done that way on purpose due to silicon quality. No 2 cpus are ok under the same voltage settings, but by overvolting, it's ensured that even the worst chips will be stable at the advertised specs.

Solution

Rocco90

Prominent
Nov 1, 2021

Thanks for clearing that up mate, now i know a bit more!
Will just keep this MB for now until its time for a upgrade in a few years!
This is solved, had to undervolt to keep my PC stable!

TRENDING THREADS