Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2019
Hello all.

I built a PC around 5 weeks ago
-i9-9900k
-Noctua Nh-D15 cooler for processor
-Gigabyte Aorus Master
-HyperX Predator RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2933 (PC4 23400)
-EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC GAMING, 08G-P4-2182-KR, 8GB GDDR6
-2x SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III (one for primary drive, one for game drive)
-2x Western Digital Gold Hard drives (for file storage)
-Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000W 80+ Titanium Power Supply

I do not overclock, but I did use the XMP profile for the memory (this is why I chose that memory)

The PC has been running smoothy, FAST and flawless.

On this past saturday playing battlefield V (after a month of playing it without issues) I received a BSOD..and then another, and another and another and another

IQRL Not Less or Equal
Page Fault in a non paged area
System Service Exception
Bad Object Handler
Reference by Pointer
Critical Process something or another (wrote these on a napkin when they happened)
Driver PNP Watchdog.

So I have been trying to figure out what is wrong. Here is what I have done so far.

Reinstalled windows 10 from disc. Still get BSOD
Pulled Graphics Card out of machine. Still get BSOD
Pulled all memory. Tested each stick with Memtest 86 (no errors). Still get BSOD
Put all memory in. Tested all with Memtest 86 for 25 hours (8 passes) no errors. Still get BSOD
Swapped SSD's. Reinstalled Windows 10. Still get BSOD

The computer in its current form is just the case/fans, power supply, 2 SSD's, mother board, processor, and memory with a fresh install of windows 10. I still get BSOD

I get BSOD when booting into safe mode, or in safe mode.

I have not swapped power supply, motherboard or processor. I dont have a motherboard to test the processor with (being that its so new) and I am using the PC I am typing this message on to do work (the new machine was built for graphic design/games). So I cant pull the power supply out to test it on the new machine until the weekend.

This is my 5th PC to build and the only one I ever had issues with (outside of failed Nvidia graphics cards in the past).

Here is the minidmp
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghcp8dip3a8ocxh/012119-6453-01.rar?dl=0
NOTE: This is the minidmp after the 2nd windows install (fresh). I do not have the dmp from the old install where I got all the errors.

I am at a loss at this point. I don't know if something is bad, went bad, or what.

I have been monitoring the processor with speccy since day one (due to the amount of people saying how hot it ran), but I never saw the processor hit above 60c. It usually hovers around 28c to 35c.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Here is a pic of the memory test I ran.
eanj3k.jpg

I recieved similar bsod on an amd system.
After reading several threads most bsod are contributed to ram.
So i returned the ram to micro center within the 30 day return policy for different ran and no more issue's.
If you can try a single stick at a time doing win memtest or some kind of stress or tester.
If there is a computer store or repair near you check and see if they can test ram and how much.
Thats sbout all i can do for you.
Good Luck.

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks Crosslhs82x2! I did test the memory 1 stick at a time and got no errors. I then put all sticks back in the motherboard and ran it for 24 hours for 8 passes, again no errors.

Jan 21, 2019
Thank you Crosslhs82x2. I have not contacted them yet. Lots of work this week, don't have much time to diagnose the problems. I am stumped as well. I figure the MB is bad, the processor is bad, or the power supply is bad. It really cant be much else. BSOD in safe mode should rule out drivers..so I dunna.

Jan 21, 2019

Thank you.

I use two cables off the power supply for the GPU. But I am still getting BSOD without the graphics card in the machine, WITH a fresh install of windows on the SSD, after testing each memory stick separately and then together for 24 hours with no errors. I also have all the power cables for the CPU plugged in. I made double sure of this.

Jan 21, 2019
I was attempting to update but I got an error saying windows installer could not be accessed. So, while in safe mode I downloaded a repair utility from tweakin.com and I got a BSOD during the system file check, then when PC rebooted into safe mode I got another BSOD instantly.

I am going out on a limb here, but my issue is not driver or bios related. Something physically broke. I have never seen this many issues with a PC in my life, even the time I had a power supply failing. That PC ran more stable than this one.

I am about to RMA the processor, the motherboard, the memory and the powersupply, might as well do the same for the graphics card even though its not even in the machine.

I getting very frustrated with this.

Jan 21, 2019
I tried two different SSD's and the windows install is from a disc. Windows 10 Pro OEM from newegg.

I have tested the memory more, it does not matter what stick or what order, I still get BSOD.

Bare bones build with mother board, 1 stick of memory, processor, power supply with fresh install of windows with updated bios on mother board still gives me BSOD in safe mode.

I don't know how to test the processor, motherboard or power supply separately to determine which one it is, hell it could be a cable for all I know.

I wish I knew of a shop to take it to, but I have never needed a PC repair shop before.

That's likely an old version of Windows 10...

Go here and create the Window 10 install media, it will be the latest version.

Use the create USB option.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

While in the BIOS check the VCORE and make sure it's not high, should be below 1.4V.

If it is high set it to 1.35V.

Jan 21, 2019

I'll try that when I get some time (stupid busy with work ATM).

I did manage to get the machine running for an hour or so and upgraded windows fully. But, still got the BSOD.

I have never seen a new machine (its about 5 weeks old) act up like this, out of nowhere. It was running like a champ, but then during a BF5 session it BSOD'd and has been nothing but pure hell since then.

I don't even have any software on it. 4 Clean install attempts now and still get BSOD in safe mode.

OK, that's fine.

When you install Windows make sure there is only drive plugged in.

Delete all the partitions on the drive during setup.

Jan 21, 2019

I am not technical enough to inspect them or make that call. I purchased this about 5-6 weeks ago. If its broken, I will just return it to new egg (still have time). I just need to determine if the issue is hardware or software. I am betting hardware because I get numerous BSOD errors in safe mode.

24 hour memory check 8 passes came up clean. But the issue is either the MB, the Processor, the Power supply or Memory. Graphics card is not even in the machine ATM.

Jan 21, 2019
I ordered another Aorus Master from Amazon. Installed it, everything was going fine. Updated windows to 1809, updated all drivers and chipset to the latest 1809 from Gigabytes website. Everything was running smoothly.

Did a passmark mentest86 overnight. It ran its 4 passes with no errors.

This morning when rebooting PC, it gave BSOD. I had to manually power down. Now the PC freezes every time in the windows boot menu, the dot circles (progress bar) animation freezes up and the only way out is to manually power down.

So. Either the memory that has gone under 14 passes total now, every time showing no errors in fact has an error
Or my 9900k is some how faulty
Or the power supply is faulty
Or I got another bad MB

I have one SSD attached. Don't have any case fans or fan controller. Its just processor/cooler, MB, 4 sticks of ram, and the power supply. Its not even sitting in the case.

I am about to chuck this in the garbage and begrudgingly go buy a mac. This is ridiculous.

What do you mean updated to Windows 1809?

You didn't go to the Microsoft website and create the install media?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use the Microsoft tool to create the USB media.

And delete all the partitions on the HD during install.

I think the ram is the issue.

Could return the ram you have and get different memory.

Jan 21, 2019
******UPDATE******

So I am on the second motherboard
Purcased a new Intel SSD off the approved list
Purchased new Corsair ram off the approved list

Created USB boot drive with windows.

So to recap here is what is plugged into the PC

2nd Motherboard
Processor/Cooling Fan
BRAND NEW Intel SSD
BRAND NEW Corsair Memory
Seasonic 1000w Titanium power supply

I get BSOD when booting every single time and windows is not even installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.