[SOLVED] i9-9900K glitchy noise, artifacts from Integrated GPU?

Feb 5, 2019
Hello everyone. Proud owner of a new setup, i9-9900k, Strix Z390-I mini, 32gb DDR4. Evo 970 m.2 500gb

I am very happy with my new build. I mainly use Photoshop. However, I have noticed that at various websites sometimes I get random, glitchy lines or sprites on the screen. Nothing disastrous, but very small occurrences in random places of the screen. It’s not continuous, happens randomly every once in a while.

I’m wondering, is this noise from parts in the mobo? I’m using solely the HDMI out from the Strix mini mobo. I’m wondering should I replace the board or the CPU or is this normal? Should I get a discrete GPU?

I don’t know how to approach this. I feel like exchanging the mobo and CPU, but if it doesn’t change anything, I’m out of luck because I’m taking my rig to Europe for a 2 month editing project. I can only swap now while in the USA under store 30 day return.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Solution
I'd first make sure it's not the HDMI cable, experiment with HW acceleration setting (as mentioned above), and perhaps see if it happens with more than one monitor, but, I'd suspect a faulty MB socket to HDMI adapter circuitry connection to the CPU before I'd suspect the CPU itself, but, the first time one assumes that...naturally it *will* be the CPU. :)

As a certain portion of your system RAM is allocated to VRAM for the IGPU, I'd also consider dialing clock speeds back to 2666 or 2933 MHz to see if these glitches disappear
I'd first make sure it's not the HDMI cable, experiment with HW acceleration setting (as mentioned above), and perhaps see if it happens with more than one monitor, but, I'd suspect a faulty MB socket to HDMI adapter circuitry connection to the CPU before I'd suspect the CPU itself, but, the first time one assumes that...naturally it *will* be the CPU. :)

As a certain portion of your system RAM is allocated to VRAM for the IGPU, I'd also consider dialing clock speeds back to 2666 or 2933 MHz to see if these glitches disappear

Solution