[SOLVED] i9 9900K OC Help!!

jacksoncau

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I just built a gaming rig last week and now I trying to OC.

Motherboard is the Aorus Master from Gigabyte and I keep getting BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while running Prime 95 or sometimes BO4

Has anyone experienced this? if so how were you able to solve this? Please advise. All perspectives are welcome.

Solution
Okay it sounds like you’ve changed your multiplier to 50. Did you change your voltage?

You’ll have to play with your overclock and see what works for you. Try setting your multiplier to 47 and your voltage to 1.25 and run prime 95. If you don’t get a blue screen try 4.8. If you do get a blue screen try bumping the voltage up by .01 until you don’t crash.

Don’t exceed 1.5v or temps over 100c

Also just because a certain voltage and speed works for someone does not mean it will work for you. Message me and I will help you find an overclock that works for you.

jacksoncau

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

Getting this with OC settings in bios. its the newly looking BSOD screen in windows. 3.6 is stock and I'm OCing to 5.0Ghz

huntlong

Respectable
Aug 17, 2017
Okay it sounds like you’ve changed your multiplier to 50. Did you change your voltage?

You’ll have to play with your overclock and see what works for you. Try setting your multiplier to 47 and your voltage to 1.25 and run prime 95. If you don’t get a blue screen try 4.8. If you do get a blue screen try bumping the voltage up by .01 until you don’t crash.

Don’t exceed 1.5v or temps over 100c

Also just because a certain voltage and speed works for someone does not mean it will work for you. Message me and I will help you find an overclock that works for you.

Solution

jacksoncau

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010

Stock is 1.2

I set the multiplier to 50 and tried 1.275, 1.3, 1.35, and back down to 1.325 and I keep getting the BSOD...

I did notice during Prime, core temps shows like 4-5 cores getting up there in temps, close to 97 and 98c..

I will ping you tomorrow if thats ok? this rig has kept me up numerous nights and I need to sleep. Thank you for your assistance.