Question I9 9900k overclocking temperatures

First of all the vcore is not to bad at all for your overclock and your temps are also not bad so I think you are okay as you will never hit that load in day to day use especially gaming.

What CPU cooler are you using? A 280mm or even better a 360mm AIO will make a difference..

imicek

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
It changed. I'm using 1.250 V now with 5.0 GHz, but with AVX 2, so when my pc is in high usage, It drops down to 4.8 GHz. I'm using the Noctua NH-D15 and want to buy Aorus Gigabyte Liquid 360 Now with 3x 120mm prizma fractal fans + other 3 prisma 140mm to my case. 1 back, 2 top, maybe 3 top, don't know exactly.

It changed. I'm using 1.250 V now with 5.0 GHz, but with AVX 2, so when my pc is in high usage, It drops down to 4.8 GHz. I'm using the Noctua NH-D15 and want to buy Aorus Gigabyte Liquid 360 Now with 3x 120mm prizma fractal fans + other 3 prisma 140mm to my case. 1 back, 2 top, maybe 3 top, don't know exactly.

Okay even better...As to the 360mm AIO I would look at the new Arctic Freezer II 360mm AIO which I have just bought for a measly £69 of Amazon or look to Corsair H150i Pro which is also excellent. Gigabyte have only just jumped in and I would be a bit warry. As to the Fractal Design Prisma's, they are good as I am using them as well.

Here is a review of the Arctic 280 version and the 360mm is just as good if not better....

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Liq...W3QF1M8SNAR&psc=1&refRID=DN9S4T934W3QF1M8SNAR

I live in the UK and my idle temps are 24 to 26 degrees and max with Prime95 blend mid 50's and Small FFT's mid 60's to 70 degrees C...on the new Arctic

imicek

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Watch the, now edited, "colorful" language, please. Thank you.
Thanks for the advice, but I love RGB, yeah, yeah, I'm that bad, bad guy here. :D Anyways, I think the Gigabyte looks amazing and as I was searching on google, they use the same Pump brand (Asetek) as other flagship AIO's as Corsair, NXZT, etc. So the only difference should be Fans and Design. And I think the design looks amazing and I'm willing to spend some more money on it, if needed. Also as I'll be changing the fans to match other Fans in case, I think Fractal Prisma is the best RGB Fan on the market right now, because they have the best static pressure and also RPM's, so they deliver fresh air to the radiator faster than others. But I don't know, I might be wrong, I'm just discussing things I somehow learned somewhere on the internet. :) And btw I have Fractal R6 case with only pre-installed fans now. And also I think I somehow <<EDITED>> up the thermal paste, not sure tho, so my temps should be even better after. But that might be just me thinking like that, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vMax
Thanks for the advice, but I love RGB, yeah, yeah, I'm that bad, bad guy here. :D Anyways, I think the Gigabyte looks amazing and as I was searching on google, they use the same Pump brand (Asetek) as other flagship AIO's as Corsair, NXZT, etc. So the only difference should be Fans and Design. And I think the design looks amazing and I'm willing to spend some more money on it, if needed. Also as I'll be changing the fans to match other Fans in case, I think Fractal Prisma is the best RGB Fan on the market right now, because they have the best static pressure and also RPM's, so they deliver fresh air to the radiator faster than others. But I don't know, I might be wrong, I'm just discussing things I somehow learned somewhere on the internet. :) And btw I have Fractal R6 case with only pre-installed fans now. And also I think I somehow <<EDITED>> up the thermal paste, not sure tho, so my temps should be even better after. But that might be just me thinking like that, I don't know.

More than understand on the RGB...I too have gone mad on RGB!!!! So don't feel bad...yes it is like a drug and can take over everything but what can you do!

View: https://imgur.com/X0SPVw0

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: imicek

imicek

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Holy moly, that looks stunning! I love it! Well, hopefully everything will be alright with the Gigabyte. Anyways, I'm waiting till the end of the month for my salary, so I'll just see if there is anything new about it and will decide after. But again, I love the design, haha. :-D

Reactions: vMax
Holy moly, that looks stunning! I love it! Well, hopefully everything will be alright with the Gigabyte. Anyways, I'm waiting till the end of the month for my salary, so I'll just see if there is anything new about it and will decide after. But again, I love the design, haha. :-D

Ha ha yes I went well and truly potty on RGB....I'm simple, I see lots of colours I like!!!! Oh God..people are going to talk!!!
You should have no problems on the Gigabyte AIO as they are a good make though I am sure it is a standard Asetek pump re-branded by Gigabyte which everyone does including Corsair and Thermaltake etc...

Have a great build and enjoy your system...

Reactions: imicek