[SOLVED] i9-9900K Running hot after cleanup and cooler upgrade.

Logick

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
First my specs:
CPU: i9-9900K
MOBO: Aorus Z390 Master
RAM: 32gb (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX
GPU: MSI Gaming X trio RTX 3090
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Pro
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 + DEMCiflex Dust Filters

Now the cooling:
Front Fans(intake): 3x 120mm Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM
Back Fan(exhaust): Noctua 140mm NF-A14 PWM
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Elite Cappelix + 2x Noctua 140mm NF-A14 PWM
Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
SSD Heat Sink: Sabrent M.2 2280 SSD Rocket Heatsink

I used to hit 30-32 c cooling when I had an OG H115i, but now I'm hitting 36 c. To make things worst I left my PC on for a few hours and somehow Disco Elysium was downloaded and running on the title screen (I'm still not sure how that happened, I finished and uninstalled months ago). My coolant temps were at 50 c!!?!?! I'm wondering what could be the cause? I've reapplied thermal paste twice. Could this be a bad cooler(happened to me with the OG H115i, I RMA'ed it)? Or could it be the dust filters? Or event bad airflow? Below is the inside of my PC any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

d5Rj4Xy.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
I figured it out, I think my airflow was bad due to the DemciFlex filter on the top. I can now feel air escaping from the top and my temps look normal now.

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing where the DemciFlex air filters are located in the system? Ambient room air temps? Can you elaborate on how you performed the cleanup in your system? When applying the cooling block, was the case flat on it's side? often times having the system upright while installing the block can spread the thermal paste unevenly. BIOS version for your motherboard? OS version at the time of writing?

Reactions: Phaaze88

Logick

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Mind sharing where the DemciFlex air filters are located in the system? Ambient room air temps? Can you elaborate on how you performed the cleanup in your system? When applying the cooling block, was the case flat on it's side? often times having the system upright while installing the block can spread the thermal paste unevenly. BIOS version for your motherboard? OS version at the time of writing?

The air filters are place, One at the top (between the top of the case and the radiator), one at the bottom, one in the front(in front of the corsair supplied air filter), three in the back(next to where the cards should be, at the very top of the PC, and on top of the exhaust fan), and one on the side where the exhaust for the PSU fan is.

Ambient room temps are about 18c-20c. (according to my phone)

Cleaning my PC entailed removing my fans and removing all dust on them, dusting all the sides of the PC, removing all my drives and dusting them, in the process of cleaning them I upgraded the AIO. As for the AIO I always place it with the system lying face down. I could apply the paste again but I ran out.

Bios is F11n, the one that supports Resizable Bar.

Windows version is 18363.

Hope this helps.

Logick

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I figured it out, I think my airflow was bad due to the DemciFlex filter on the top. I can now feel air escaping from the top and my temps look normal now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS