Jun 24, 2022
I9 9900k unusual temperature behavior?

So I recently built a pc from my old components
  • Gtx 1070 founders edition
  • i9900k
  • 32gb Corsair vengeance RAM 3200mhz
  • MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17) Motherboard
  • Enermax AIO 360mm CPU cooler

My problem is that my cpu runs on idle with 35-39 degrees which is pretty normal. But when I run a cinebench it quickly rises to 100c on most cores in around 10-20 seconds which I'm not sure why because if my AIO is defective then it shouldn't idle at 35-39c no? I have no idea what the problem is I've seen the voltage go up to 1.31V or even higher when running cinebench. I tried setting it to 1.25v manually but when I ran cinebench again it eventually rises to 100c again on most cores.

Could it be because of the voltages? Because my cpu is defective or broken? Or is my AIO just working not properly? I don't understand it. Someone help me please. Thanks!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It is solid and sadly no I don't have a warranty anymore
The radiator is where the heat exchange happens, but air is still needed for the unit as a whole to function.
If the fluid in the loop soaks up heat faster than the fans can cool it off at the radiator... take off the top panel and check again. Does it help?
If not, it's likely the loop has developed clumps of organics inside it.

Jun 24, 2022
The radiator is where the heat exchange happens, but air is still needed for the unit as a whole to function.
If the fluid in the loop soaks up heat faster than the fans can cool it off at the radiator... take off the top panel and check again. Does it help?
If not, it's likely the loop has developed clumps of organics inside it.
I just realized my pc and if you mean by solid that the roof of my pc is like a wall then no it has holes in it for air to pass through. I took it off but it doesn't seem to help the air flow of my pc is also fine. Is there a way I could clean the organic inside of my radiator or pump without breaking it?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I just realized my pc and if you mean by solid that the roof of my pc is like a wall then no it has holes in it for air to pass through. I took it off but it doesn't seem to help the air flow of my pc is also fine. Is there a way I could clean the organic inside of my radiator or pump without breaking it?
Negative. AIOs are intended to be zero maintenance - ignoring dusting off the fans and radiator.
You are left with buying another cooler.