Question i9-9900k won't go above 3.6GHz while gaming

Jan 2, 2021
Hello!
I recently built a new gaming PC with an i9-9900k and a gigabyte z390 aorus pro wifi. For a solid month, I had no problems and my CPU would stay at 4.7GHz while gaming with temps around 65C. A few days ago I noticed a major FPS drop. I normally get around a stable 200 FPS in Call of Duty Cold War. I started getting around 140 FPS and noticed my CPU was stuck at 3.6GHz. When I boot up my computer, the CPU is fine but as soon as I load a game the screen dims and the CPU stays at 3.6GHz. I tried overclocking my CPU to stay at 5GHz, but once I load any game it drops to 3.6GHz. I played around with the BIOS and had no luck. I tried intel XTU and it said I was power limit throttling while in-game. All the solutions I found to this only work on laptops. I did a clean install of windows, and it worked for a little bit, but whenever I would open the bios to enable XMP again, it would revert to the original problem. Even if I would then turn off XMP again the same thing happens. I am at a loss of what is wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If pictures or videos are needed I can get some. Thank you!
Full Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
GPU: RTX 3070 MSI Gaming x Trio
Power Supply: Gigabyte P750GM 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX
Fans: 4 of the Corsair LL Series CO-9050091-WW LL120 RGB
Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB

Reinstall chipset drivers? (Maybe a Windows update partially botched or invalidated them somehow....)

Select at least Balanced Mode within WIndows Power mngmt plans....

Make sure no power limiting settings in BIOS are enabled.. (the 9900K will certainly not upclock normally within a 95W TDP limit....)

Intel's XTU would easily allow overruling the power wattage/duration of turbo boost time limit, and, enabling of standard all core turbo clocks of 4.7 GHz, or above, as well as setting an AVX offset, and/or core voltage bump (to be avoided if possible anyway), or even an undervolt,

Jan 2, 2021
Thanks for the reply!

I tried reinstalling the chipset drivers and had no luck with it.

When I used Intel Extreme and saw the power limit throttling I put the limit to unlimited and then it worked until I start up another game or restart the one I was in. This only occurs when I play games like COD or CS:GO but when I play Rainbow 6 all is good.