I960 ink level reset

I just put in my spare photo magenta tank. This is a refill blank with
the prism for detecting ink levels by the printer.

What does it take for the printer to reset itsself. This does not seem
to change status in real-time like the 850 does. Although this unit
gives accurate readings of levels and not just a full or low
indication like the 850.

I rebooted, printed a document, restarted the printer several times.
Nothing seems to let it see the full tank. Anyone else experience
this?

You can force a reset by removing the cartridge
then closing the printer lid. The printer will
scan the head and report a missing cartridge.

Then just replace the cartridge.

Customer Service ( customer.service@weink.com )
WeInk, LLC
http://www.weink.com
Beat the high cost of printing with
Camel Continuous Re-Inking System
_____________________________

On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:17:21 -0400, "WeInk" <weink@comcast.net> wrote:

>You can force a reset by removing the cartridge
>then closing the printer lid. The printer will
>scan the head and report a missing cartridge.
>
>Then just replace the cartridge.

I forgot to mention... I already did try that.. It is not noticing the
cartridge missing. I may need to reinstall drivers then. Something
doesn't seem kosher..
Thanks for the reply..

On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:11:24 -0400, beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

>I just put in my spare photo magenta tank. This is a refill blank with
>the prism for detecting ink levels by the printer.
>
>What does it take for the printer to reset itsself. This does not seem
>to change status in real-time like the 850 does. Although this unit
>gives accurate readings of levels and not just a full or low
>indication like the 850.
>
>I rebooted, printed a document, restarted the printer several times.
>Nothing seems to let it see the full tank. Anyone else experience
>this?

OK, after navigating the canon site, I read that the ink levels are
guestimates of what has been used. Replacing a tank prior to low
indication will not reset the status.

Not an issue. I was mainly concerned that I had a problem and my ink
level detection was not working at all.. Ive googled around for this
but I was the only idiot that did not read the canon site I guess.

You will need to have an empty cartridge. Install it. Close lid. Open lid
and install full and all will be well.

--
Colonel Blip
colonel.blip@nospambigfoot.com