Question I9900K + MAXIMUS XI EXTREME + GSKILL F4000C17 PROBLEM, PLS HELP :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SharPPPy

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Hi everybody,
as the title suggests I have a problem with my new build, below I explain my problem and the complete build.

Processor: I9-9900K
Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Extreme
Ram: G.Skill F4-4000C17Q-32GTZR Trident Z RGB
VGA: Titan Xp Collectors Edition Jedi
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1Tb
HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb
PSU: Seasonic Prime 1000 Titanium

Full custom loop EK: 2x Rad PE coolstream

So, at the first power-up everything seems to have gone well, I set the xmp 1 except and go out and everything is ok, while I was installing the drivers and restarting the system, it shuts down and restarts with the message "Memory Ok, pls enter in the bios and check ram setting ", once entered the bios I realize that the mobo has set values in the car for VCCIO and System Agent Voltage at 1.40, I would say very high values. I try to do a 5ghz oc with standard parameters:

AVX: 4
CPU core Voltage: from 1.30 to 1.34
LLC = 7

and unlocking all the various parameters as indicated in the various guides read on the net. Nothing at 5ghz I can't find stability even touching the VCCIO and System Agent Voltage.
Launching cinebanch r15 the pc always crashes. I have now did the tests with memtest.

Without XMP: 0 errors
With XMP 1: 3 errors (not completed)

I will place the screens

2dmeet.jpg

rmjp09.jpg

2yk0wuv.jpg

As you can see the values set automatically on the system agent voltage and VCCIO are very high.
Now I wonder if it's a IMC processor or RAM problem

PS: bios updated to the latest version

Please help me

thanks a lot

SharPPPy

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Ouch, maxed out your cooling. What is total radiator capacity again? Single loop? Prime isn't really realistic load/temps for most users, though not sure what your system is used for. The best 9900k's will hit 5ghz in 1.25v range, give or take a bit. The worst are in neighborhood of 1.4v. This may have improved with newer steppingstone though. What LLC are you at? I'm asking as for my board, I'll drop from 1.325v to about 1.27v under full stress on LLC7. After research, this is normal for this generation ASUS boards.
LLC7

I would still recommend a benchmark and stress test of ASUS realbench. It is based on real world loads, and realistic temps just to see. The stress test option puts a full load on CPU and GPU, including AVX load. This would show max heat output for a real use situation, though gaming would be lower overall. Your GPU temps are similar, I've seen a max of 43C or so.

SharPPPy

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
I would still recommend a benchmark and stress test of ASUS realbench. It is based on real world loads, and realistic temps just to see. The stress test option puts a full load on CPU and GPU, including AVX load. This would show max heat output for a real use situation, though gaming would be lower overall. Your GPU temps are similar, I've seen a max of 43C or so.
I will try tomorrow mate :), and i update you. Thanks very much again