[SOLVED] IBall booster speaker opening and repairing help

May 13, 2020
Hello Team,
Hope everyone is safe here!

It’s been so long years I have come back for some help.

I have a 5-6 years old IBALL 5.1 Booster speakers and I believe most of us have heard about it.
My query is that I have got the external wire torn due to so many years of usage so now I want to open the speaker and the reconnect the wire.

The problem is that I am unable to open from top or bottom, infact while apppying pressure I broke the upper surface partly of one speaker.
So please share nay YouTube video or screenshots that I can open this.

Out of 5, 2 are not working due to this.
Thanks in advance.

Model Link - https://www.iball.co.in/Product/Desktop-Accessories/Speakers/5.1-Speaker/Booster-BTH/774

Solution
There doesn't seem to be any video of disassembling the speakers specifically, only the subwoofer/amplifier module. Since you've broken one of the speakers you might want to inspect the speaker for any screw points, adhesive linings and or clips that may be used to retain the speaker.

Lutfij

Titan
There doesn't seem to be any video of disassembling the speakers specifically, only the subwoofer/amplifier module. Since you've broken one of the speakers you might want to inspect the speaker for any screw points, adhesive linings and or clips that may be used to retain the speaker.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I looked around for some manner of manual and it does not discuss opening them at all. I agree with above, perhaps see if screws are hidden under labels, etc. perhaps try a guitar pick along edges, and so forth.

I note that the price of these (now) is around 95 US, but this model seems to be discontinued. I would imagine that you (might) be able to contact iBall with your concerns to see if they have spares or repair available. Otherwise, if they served you well over the years consider supporting them by buying the new model?