iBase Embeds Ryzen V1000 APU Into Mini-ITX Motherboard

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Need a version with at least two more NICs instead of so many serial ports. While the serial ports are inexpensive items by comparison, they just have as much use these days. I can't recall the last time I needed more than one for a console port.

Damn would love to see a guy like this with a single 10Gbps port on it. Don't need the come, don't need dual nicks, only need 1 USB 3.0 port and I am golden. the Single 8x PCIe is fine for a single RAID card.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
"However, what's really remarkable with the motherboard is that it comes with support for ECC (Error-Correcting Code) memory modules."

That IS remarkable. And lovely! Kudos! I wish everyone supported ECC! It's such a small thing, and it ought to be so easy for every Ryzen board to support ECC, and yet so many don't.

Gh0stWalker

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
why can't manuf's put a golden wish page together where ppl vote for features they actually want. Then pricing could be a function of putting the components together divided by some fraction of demand - so that the majority gets what they wishes, and still the long tail can be catered for too, at a price reflecting demand and component and assembly costs. Democratic for the ppls...

stdragon

Admirable

It's not for home / office use, rather industrial where SCADA is used; hence the need for four RS232 (serial) ports. So, it's perfectly suited for the application and market it's intended for.

That said, yeah, I would love to see an office version with multiple DP ports.

bunnymaid

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
As a heavy iBASE user, (^^) these are not consumer boards and the price will frighten most people. As such, most Tomshardware readers will not be buying these. These are long life industrial boards and have certain features that make them desirable in those sort of markets.

You can probably get them in onesy/twosies from mouser / digikey / Farnell / RS and those sort of places but fundamentally, these are not the boards _you_ are looking for. They are the boards _I_ am looking for.