IBM 11a/b/g Wireless LAN and VPN

fernando

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002

I have a small network at home using a MN500 router. A
desktop connected through MN-510 USB adapter and a HP
laptop connected through MN-520 PCMCIA adapter, a VPN
connection to my office works fine on both. I'm trying to
add another laptop (IBM Thinkpad R40 running windows XP
Professional) with an IBM's wireless mini PCI adapter;
Even though I'm able to get into the network and connect
to the internet, I cannot run a VPN connection to get to
my office. If I disable this IBM's adapter and use any of
the other ones I mentioned before, the VPN connection goes
through. What am I missing? How can I fix this?

Help is much appreciated.

Fernando.

probably because the VPN is trying to get out through the IBM adapter
which probably has a higher priority.

why aren't you using the built in a/b/g wireless?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:14:38 -0700, "Fernando"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist

The wireless mini PCI adapter I mentioned is actually the
built-in a/b/g wireless you're talking.

Thanks for answering; maybe it is just a faulty adapter.

I'm trying to understand why you wouldn't use the built in adapter as
opposed to MN-510. the built in adapter will work with the MN-500 just
fine.

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:11:34 -0700,

--
Barb Bowman