IBM and NC State Develop Cloud Security Layer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow, some more feel-good fluff to bolster public opinion of "teh cloud".

How on earth is this different than what they were already doing? How on earth is this different from 10,000+ other methods of isolating cloud VMs from each other? This is more frivolous than an iPad patent.

In fact, most people's first foray into Virtualization involves them asking the question "how the f*** do I make the VMs talk to each other"? By default, they're completely isolated unless you configure the hypervisor and the VMs to talk to each other, and if that's not the case, you should file a code red bug report immediately so that your hypervisor's developers can cancel their weekend plans to fix it.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
my company is bidding for a job with NC state currently and I can tell you that they are using an old system for records management that essentially no longer exists. The company was bought out 3 or 4 times and the current company is discontinuing support for it. OUR company has to be able to communicate with it though... of course. Our system can export images or data bases or to several other types of records management software ... just not this one. That's how old it is. So I really dont think NC State should be looked as as some brilliant tech savvy college.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
"Experts": blah blah blah cloud blah blah cloud

Consumers: "Huh, we've heard about this 'cloud' so many times recently, it has to be something useful."

Power users who know where this 'cloud' will make everyone end up: *facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.