IBM and Samsung In Huge Patent Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]thrust2night[/nom]They applied for 47 patents and were granted 152?[/citation]
There's lag between when you apply and when you get the patent.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
"Samsung recently ventured into automatic shooting robots."

I'm sure Samsung's shareholders will be happy about the application of their intellectual property when the machines become self-aware and begin to exterminate humanity. Look for the "Samsung Certified" sticker when it's your turn.

Richeemxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Patent the patent idea...gotta love that!! Some of this is getting out of hand just like copyright laws and copyrighting none distinct common words.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
HMMMM... when is this patent system going to break down?? what a joke i shit on both samsung and IBM and what ever patent bull shit there is out there. matter of a fact i think ill shit on American regulations that suffocate good business's out of the USA to why i am at it..

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
some patents make sense to protect ideas... the problem is you also have companies like rambus that exploit this and never actually try and r&d anything... they just get a patent wait for somebody to do somethign useful but somewhat related then expect a handout..

oh wait has rambus patented patent trolling... where do i have to mail a finskey for patent violation on this comment

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Mosu, clearly you can't patent living as there's plenty of evidence of it having been done and implemented before you applied for the patent.

G

The dirty details are few and far betwixt, but IBM and Samsung have just joined up to announce a patent cross-license agreement that could have significant impact in the world we obsess with. According the (admittedly brief) release embedded after the break, the two will license their respective patent portfolios to each other, but considering that specific terms and conditions are being kept under wraps for now, it's on us to imagine what kind of magic will result from the agreement.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Niva[/nom]Mosu, clearly you can't patent living as there's plenty of evidence of it having been done and implemented before you applied for the patent.[/citation]

Not if the patent office is so overworked, it does a "Approve All" like its been doing lately. Really, to get through backlog, they barely even look at many of them coming in.

Tons of bad patents are being approved, and it costs millions and years to get rid of ONE bad patent. The US is done for...

Status
Not open for further replies.