IBM-DKLA-24320 problem

tp

I've bought an old IBM-DKLA-24320 disk. Although it is working (I can hear
it) BIOS cannot detect it. Disk isn't visible from Windows either.
There is "Apple HDD Firmware" written on the label.
Can it be the reason of my problems ???
How can I change the firmware to use this disk on my PC ???

thanks in advance

Tom

Forget the firmware, make sure you have the ribbon cable connected
properly( red stripe facing white power connector )
and you have set the Bios for auto detect. Also, if connected as slave
hard drive jumper set to slave. Or master whichever.
"TP" <t_p@(USUN_TO)op.pl> wrote in message news:clgt39$m7n$1@news.onet.pl...
> I've bought an old IBM-DKLA-24320 disk. Although it is working (I can hear
> it) BIOS cannot detect it. Disk isn't visible from Windows either.
> There is "Apple HDD Firmware" written on the label.
> Can it be the reason of my problems ???
> How can I change the firmware to use this disk on my PC ???
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Tom

tp

Unfortunately, your suggestions didn't help!
This is a 2,5" hdd, so there is no power connector :)
Drive without jumper is set to Master, so this is not a problem with jumper
either
(I tried set it to Slave but still without results)
Any other suggestions ???
tom

U¿ytkownik "Rich Barry" <rbarry@Notsocal.rr.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci