IBM Files Application to Patent The Patent Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskilnyk

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I don't think there is any chance that this will come to pass. But, then again i've seen out patient system to much worse...

LOL This is getting silly. Apple should patent the process by which a programmer writes apps. In other words, they should patent nerds behind a desk typing code.

Then Blizzard should patent the playstyle of WoW players. In other words, scrawny nerds in white "muscle" shirts sitting at desks covered in empty Mountain Dew bottles/cans who haven't showered or combed their hair in days.

Once they're all done, I will patent the template used for filing a lawsuit against someone who you feel has violated your patent.

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Once they're all done, I will patent the template used for filing a lawsuit against someone who you feel has violated your patent.

The company felt it would be beneficial to patent the patent strategy process all the way from training inventors, to competitor monitoring and protecting (i.e. suing someone) a patent from infringement.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]milktea[/nom]Maybe I should file a patent on how to patent a patent process.[/citation]
No no, the key here is to file a patent on how to fix the patent process first and have outrageous licensing fees so no one can fix the patent process without paying you enormous sums. Then you start making the patents that game the system.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
sick world we live in...

anyone interested in trademarking the word "patent"??
or how a human being make a logical thinking??

Patenet the patent the who what of a what what?

I have an Idea...let's fry the patent system and stick to trademarks. Ideally, in thought though, trademarks are much more beneficial and more innovative than a patenet. A patenet says "Mine", the trademark says "Recognize me a the origianl and I will pat you on the back."

I am not saying it si right...just a Theory...and no one should use it against me.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
According to Wikipedia a patent is:

A set of exclusive rights granted by a state (national government) to an inventor or their assignee for a limited period of time in exchange for a public disclosure of an invention.

Let's all just patent the obvious. IBM isn't inventing anything but a headache.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
The US patent system is going to make economic recovery much much longer than it needs to be, since a broken patent system certainly isn't going to attract any investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS