News IBM Quantum Computers Reach a New Performance High

abryant

Asst. Managing Editor
Staff member
May 16, 2016
IBM announced that its quantum computers have doubled their "quantum volume" every year since 2017. Read more here.
shutterstock_1157800963.jpg

LUCIAN ARMASU
@Lucian Armasu

Lucian Armasu is a Contributing Writer for Tom's Hardware US. He covers software news and the issues surrounding privacy and security.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
The links to the forums are so hidden now. I wonder if there is a lot less comments since moving to this new format?

For sure. It's a very disappointing "improvement" to Tom's Hardware. This is the first article which at least had a link to the relevant part of the forums. For a few weeks now at least I just assumed they no longer existed.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The links to the forums are so hidden now. I wonder if there is a lot less comments since moving to this new format?
In the new forums announcement, a couple weeks before the change, they did warn that it would take a while to integrate the news comments in the same way as before.

My biggest problem is that I can't post on the page where I first sign in. So, I have to remember to sign-in on the generic forums page, so I'm signed in on the first thread where want to post.

Refresh button does nothing to help, but I could probably solve it by clearing my cache.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I have all but stopped reading Tom's because of this. I mean really, how long does it take to integrate this simple feature?
Suit yourself, but I find it easy enough to click the forums link and then scroll down to the news/reviews comments categories.

My bigger complaint is that still not every article has a comment thread.

Feb 14, 2019
Suit yourself, but I find it easy enough to click the forums link and then scroll down to the news/reviews comments categories.

My bigger complaint is that still not every article has a comment thread.
Agree with that, it is more difficult to find but if you know to look for it on every article I can live with it. But, sometimes there are so many other links that you could miss it if not carefull. Also, they all should include the comment link no excuse for that.

Reactions: bit_user