IBM Switching to Firefox as Default Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever this was about you had me at firefox girl...

The reason there are almost no comments is nobody actually read the article. Maybee you should place the firefox girl after the article as a nice little suprise.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Hi Firefox girl...
oh wait, what was this post about again? I seem to have forgotten.

Anyway, not surprised. The university I work for actually only supports Firefox and browsers that use the Webkit engine (Chrome and Safari). IE and Opera aren't supported.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Only problem still is that the government secure login sites still use IE. Hopefully they can update to more modern times also.

elbarto1977

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
Bullshit. I'm an IBMer and no announcement was made of the kind. Firefox is available as an extra download in our software repository, as it's been since a long time ago. Our default browser is IE, since it's the browser that comes with the OS. Moreover, many web apps that we use (ticketing tools, etc) ARE NOT compatible with Firefox.

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
First off liking the firefox girl. Secondly who the heck is Bob Sutor & why would I even remotely care what he thinks is good or bad. I like Firefox just fine but lets face it there are sites on the net that just do not work well with Firefox but do with IE. The same can be said about IE having trouble with some sites that Firefox works fine with I have yet to find any but I am sure there are some. Any business or person that puts all of their eggs into one basket either deserves to fail or Just plain be fired for saying such idiotic crap like that. Just my 2 cents. Hey at least it was not Apple news this time or someone microwaving or burning a Apple product so there's a plus at least.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I've used Firefox for years. I only use IE when I have to. My biggest gripe with it besides security issues is its horrible support for web standards.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Web sites need to start removing any non standards compliant IE code ASAP. There's no reason to be using web browsers like IE 6 or IE 7 for anything when you can be using Google Chrome or another inferior (compared to Chrome) webkit browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.