IBM Thinkpad X30 monitor replacement?

TheTurk

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
I came across an old IBM Thinkpad X30 a few months ago and took it out to fiddle with it today, but my brother got a hold of it and cracked the screen and now there's red/green/blue/yellow lines everywhere. It looks like if you were to crack glass. The part of the monitor that wasn't cracked still works, but the other half is either white or black. I've looked around for a replacement monitor or another X30 to use as parts, but I can't find anything at all. I was wondering if you guys knew if the X30 was compatible with monitors from other Thinkpads. Thanks.

Solution
Are you able to find any parts from the other models in the series such as the X31 or X32? From the spec it looks like the X40s and the X60s are the same dimensions so maybe see if you can find those? This laptop is pretty old so it might be better off as a boat anchor.

Warukyure

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
Are you able to find any parts from the other models in the series such as the X31 or X32? From the spec it looks like the X40s and the X60s are the same dimensions so maybe see if you can find those? This laptop is pretty old so it might be better off as a boat anchor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS