IBM To Build Huge Cloud Datacenter In Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoghthegamer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
MORE OUTSOURCING TO THOSE SHIT FUCKING ASSHOLES! FUCK YOU IBM! We need to put a 40% tax ON EVERYTHING NOT MADE in the USA, Canada, and UK! Close up our borders 100% on allow ZERO MEXICANS, unlimited CANADIANS, unlimited British, unlimited Australian, and only 10K from other countries!

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
screw you :kaola: THANK YOU IBM! In Asia, We dont put 40% tax ON EVERYTHING! Our borders is 100% open to allow unlimited MEXICANS, unlimited CANADIANS, unlimited British, unlimited Australian, and unlimited Americans too! and 'No 10K' limit from other countries!

[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]Even bigger issue by having our data housed in China???[/citation]

Like I've said in other threads, storing your data on a "cloud" just means your storing it at someone else's data center. In this case you'd be literally giving your data to the Chinese. No business in their right mind could possible benefit from housing their sensitive data, things like product designs, schematics, future plans, business financial data, and even accounting information in a data center operated / controlled by the Chinese. Before it was an issue of paying the right tech enough money to copy your competitors data and give them to you, now its just a matter of the Chinese government taking your data and giving it to your Chinese competitor to produce their own knock-off Chinese branded products.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
@amoghthegamer
@bebangs

So you'd want most of your own US brand of electronics, cars, appliances, etc to be impossible to buy by most people. Do you think items today would be that cheap if products don't flow freely across markets?

This is one of the pitfalls of countries that have high costs of living. Everything is expensive -> so we need to raise salaries -> since we raised salaries we need to price products/services higher -> again to raising salaries.

chfireball

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
@amoghtegamer
This is for the most part Americas fault.in the 70's japan inported alot of cars to the us. they were " cheap " and no better the what we were making at the time.. but again i say they were cheap! so the us purchased alot of the cars.. japan used the profit to make better cars.. it comes down to price! and until Americans take a stand we will always be flooded with cheap inports!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
man whats with all the xenophones >_< look... if you're an american you are an immigrant... period it may have been several generations back... btu even "native" americans who are the onyl ones who i say cna almsot make this claim came over on a land bridge a long time back... most peopel though have been in the us for 3-400 years max and thats being generous for most.... we're a country of immigrants get that through your skulls and stop being racist pricks.

indianoverclocker

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
[citation][nom]amoghthegamer[/nom]MORE OUTSOURCING TO THOSE SHIT FUCKING ASSHOLES! FUCK YOU IBM! We need to put a 40% tax ON EVERYTHING NOT MADE in the USA, Canada, and UK! Close up our borders 100% on allow ZERO MEXICANS, unlimited CANADIANS, unlimited British, unlimited Australian, and only 10K from other countries![/citation]

Its interesting to see how you are biased against everyone but the British, Canadians and the Australians. I really would like to see your reasoning behind letting the aforementioned people work in USA without any caps.

Only 10,000 from other countries?? Let me ask you a serious question - Have you ever run a technology business? Do you have any idea how hard it is to find qualified AMERICAN citizens to hire? Just try to find an AMERICAN citizen who is as qualified as a foreign candidate and willing to relocate and accept a slightly lower paycheck. You will soon realize why companies do this.

Before you hate on others and start posting angry comments, look at your country and what it stands for. The way corporations are treated in America, no wonder they will do whatever they want. Corporations are FOR PROFIT. Please understand that. They will not care if an employee is Mexican or Argentinian or Nigerian or Chinese or whatever. If they can find someone to work for cheap, they will hire them.

Either Americans man up and admit that they demand unrealistic salaries in this economy and be willing to work for cheaper, or STFU and stop bitching.

Canadians know better than to come and work in the USA. The healthcare system and the overall social scenario is way too conservative for Canadians to tolerate. There are exceptions, but the average Canadian or even a Britisher would stay away from this redneck country (get this thing through your head - this is the perception of USA in other developed countries).

Think about it.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
if they gave me that much land, i would fulfill my dream and build a nice clean airport :(

and if data storage is that necessary, u could find them underground. efficient use of land :p

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
No doubt outsourcing stinks when so many Americans are out of a job here, but it gets to be the only way to do business.
Aside from the unions and minimum wage requirements, companies must now foot the bill for the majority of social security and huge health care costs as a result of Obama.

Don't worry his next big push to get jobs OUT of the US is only a couple weeks away.

cablechewer

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Indianoverclocker - couldn't agree more. People need to do more critical thinking and public debate needs to be more thoughtful and reasoned.

I am only in the US because the money was better and I was given a "Cadillac" health plan. It ever goes away I won't be able to get out fast enough.

I find the amount of extreme rhetoric, name calling and bias in the US a little disturbing. Often people do not realize how wide a brush they are painting with when they make statements. Such a polarized political debate is in serious danger of undermining the democracy Americans claim to treasure, more than any individual policy I have seen out of their government. Democracy isn't just shouting louder than the other guy.

Back to the topic at hand - Chances are this data centre will mostly service the continent on which it sits. Transcontinental connection speeds and costs are higher than local costs. There are also privacy laws and other requirements to consider. IBM is probably making it so big because of the population in Asia and the rate of Internet adoption. It is likely they have a vast potential customer base and that it is growing rapidly. This may have minimal outsourcing impact.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@cablechewer - Having the data center positioned in Asia does make it a viable solution for the Asian area. This should/will also be an area where IBM can segregate companies into paying more for where the data is stored.

malphas

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
@indianoverclocker

No, it's not that American workers are demanding unrealistic salaries or are underqualified, it's that globalisation has messed up the classic free-market. In a traditional economic system, companies would have to offer higher salaries to attract candidates if there was a shortage, now you just outsource to Asia or recruit candidates from abroad, which is why the divide between rich and poorer has grown to such ridiculously inflated levels, and why so many people are living on credit, why we have academic inflation (a degree used to be worth something, now it's so common that employers can narrow down selections to those with two degrees or a postgraduate qualifications, when it's utterly unnecessary for the post in question), and a host of other social problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.