iBuypower’s Project Snowblind Coming To Market With LCD Side Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFang

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
If you don't see the market for this, then you need to exercise your brain-storming skills. They even spell it out in the article. Since you can display widgets and systems stats, as well as configure and mess with the colors and patterns, I would expect high end boutique customizers to be ALL over this. The market for 'bling' is huge, even if you and I don't necessarily partake or see value in it... :)

This is all based on my idea that there MUST be a reason for all these dang LED's and RGB customization systems flooding every crevice of the market.. I mean, they must be selling?

I could see having the front as the LCD like the Corsair Crystal Series 460X is setup with the glass front panel. That could be pretty useful to have the widgets displaying all your temps, fan speeds etc.

hdmark

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015

that makes sense to me. I figured the majority of people spending that kind of money already have LED monitors set up but then this would be much nicer

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015

iBuyPower has an irritating habit of never selling their cases stand-alone.

I know because I wanted to buy the Chimera case they did a few years back. :kaola:

nycalex

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
very cool innovation.

i'll bite. the only problem with CES announced items is that they take FORVER to release to retail.

they need to release these products in a timely manner, not after 6+ months of product announcement.

lorfa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2012
Not a fan of gimmicky lights and things, but if you're going to go that route, this is the best way I've ever seen it done!

Still waiting for the windshields with this tech to come out. Also dreading it. Drivers with cell phones are bad enough, I can't imagine what they would do with this. And yet it doesn't stop me from wanting one...

Its coming but will only be in high end cars at first due to cost. Nice to have Speed, Tach, GPS directions and if in reverse the reverse camera all in view. I suspect down the road the instrument panel will go away especially once self driving cars are common is its mostly a waste of space at that point..

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I can see Times Square's shops having these in every window. Displaying ADs like crazy. Something out of Fifth Element or something. ADs ADs Ads in your face in every crevice...

Would be awesome to show up to a LAN party with one of these though. I'd paint right over the iBuyPower logo though, and only want the case not a pre-built POS.

This is certainly a very attractive product. I would gladly buy one, or wait until someone copies the idea and sellls it as a stand alone case.

EDIT: I went to their site and noticed something quite strange.
They offer 3 base configurations, the Snoblind, the Snoblind Pro and the Snoblind Extreme.
I looked at all af them, and configured all of them with the EXACT same spect. For some reason, even with the exact same components selected, I'm seeing a difference in price among them ($2035, $2055 and $2146 respectively).
Does anyone know the reason behind this?

Here is the complete exact build I selected for all 3 of them:

Case: iBUYPOWER Snowblind N450
LED Fan Lighting: None
Case Lighting: Snowblind White LEDs
iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction: None
iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion: [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System + ASUS Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (4x 4.20GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
iBUYPOWER PowerDrive: None
Processor Cooling: DEEPCOOL Gammaxx 400 CPU Cooler - White
Memory: 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-3000 Memory ModuleADATA XPG Z1 (Silver)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - 8GB - MSI ARMOR OC (VR-Ready) - Single Card
SLI Bridge: None
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Tomahawk ARCTIC -- 3x PCIe x16, 1x USB 3.1 Type-C, 4x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 [Intel Optane Ready]
Power Supply: 750 Watt - EVGA 750GQ - 80 PLUS Gold(includes White Sleeved Cables)
Advance Cabling Options: [White] - Sleeved 24-pin Motherboard + 8-pin CPU + VGA Power Extension Cables (Include Professional Wiring) - Snowblind
M.2/PCI-E SSD Card: 512GB Intel 600P Series M.2 PCIe NVME SSD -- Read: 1775MB/s; Write: 560MB/s
Primary Hard Drive: 3 TB Hard Drive -- 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive: None
Media Card Reader / Writer: None
Sound Card: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
USB Expansion Card: None

Status
Not open for further replies.