[SOLVED] ibuypower black screen?

ogsmashsauce

Prominent
Apr 2, 2021
PC Specs link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypo...b-hdd-480gb-ssd-black/6362984.p?skuId=6362984

Hey all,
Happy friday but not really! :(
So I have an Ibuypower PC. Its my first prebuilt PC I have ever owned.

The issue: I will be gaming and only gaming........the PC will go black, fan will go on full blast but is still running.....Example; I can still talk to people on discord and what not while this is happening until I restart the PC. NOTE: This happens on games like Thehunter COTW, Diablo 3, world of warcraft and so on.

What I have done... I have monitored CPU temps which get in the 70's C.....I have a TJ max of 115C. I have monitored my GPU temps which stay in the 60ish zone....I have benchmarked my PC as hard as I could and temps never reached above 70C....I have uninstalled/reinstalled all the drivers that I could. I reseated my graphics card and cables and tried a different slot.

I am completely baffled and would love any help!

Last edited:
Solution
Hmm., this seems like a tricky one. Your pc specs look more than adequate to run such games without overutilization. Check if you can alt+tab out of the game. If you can exit the game and use the pc normally, it's an issue with the game. If the pc is completely unresponsive and must be hard-booted, then try factory-resetting it. This process is drastic, but it's pretty much guaranteed to remove any software issues by deleting everything and re-installing windows. However, you should back up any important data onto a USB drive or a spare SSD before starting this process. Article on how to factory reset.
Mar 11, 2021
Hmm., this seems like a tricky one. Your pc specs look more than adequate to run such games without overutilization. Check if you can alt+tab out of the game. If you can exit the game and use the pc normally, it's an issue with the game. If the pc is completely unresponsive and must be hard-booted, then try factory-resetting it. This process is drastic, but it's pretty much guaranteed to remove any software issues by deleting everything and re-installing windows. However, you should back up any important data onto a USB drive or a spare SSD before starting this process. Article on how to factory reset.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS