Question iBUYPOWER Fallout PC from BB or CyberPower PC from Costco

happ1n3ssis

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2010
Talk to me people... which pre built PC do I want? I don't really want to build my own PC this time around. I'm looking at the following systems. Please chime in, and thanks in advance for your input.
1.) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-1tb-solid-state-drive-blue/6315032.p?skuId=6315032 for $1,499.99
- or -
2.) https://www.costco.com/CyberPowerPC-Supreme-Liquid-Cooled-Gaming-Desktop---AMD-Ryzen-7---GeForce-RTX-2070.product.100491580.html for $1,599.99
With the whole Intel Hyper Threading Performance concern, I'm thinking about going with option 2. Also, the Costco warranty may prove useful in the long term. If I use my Citi Costco Anywhere CC, my warranty increases to 4 years. The only reason I'm considering option 1 is the price difference, and perhaps the reduced energy consumption because AMD definitely heats up a work space. Thanks again for all your help entertaining my concern. Enjoy the rest of your day!!

erik62905

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Well, the Ryzen system has 32GB of RAM while the Intel-based one only has 16GB, albeit faster at 2666MHz.

The Ryzen based one also has a 2TB HDD along with a 480GB SSD, the Intel one only has a 1TB SSD.

Talk to me people... which pre built PC do I want? I don't really want to build my own PC this time around. I'm looking at the following systems. Please chime in, and thanks in advance for your input.
1.) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-1tb-solid-state-drive-blue/6315032.p?skuId=6315032 for $1,499.99
- or -
2.) https://www.costco.com/CyberPowerPC-Supreme-Liquid-Cooled-Gaming-Desktop---AMD-Ryzen-7---GeForce-RTX-2070.product.100491580.html for $1,599.99
With the whole Intel Hyper Threading Performance concern, I'm thinking about going with option 2. Also, the Costco warranty may prove useful in the long term. If I use my Citi Costco Anywhere CC, my warranty increases to 4 years. The only reason I'm considering option 1 is the price difference, and perhaps the reduced energy consumption because AMD definitely heats up a work space. Thanks again for all your help entertaining my concern. Enjoy the rest of your day!!
First, I would stay far away from Cyber Power. I used to Moderate at PCWorld.com Forums when they were up. Saw some real horror stories about those folks, including pretty much non existent Tech / customer service. You used to be able to build a good rig for a lot cheaper then you could buy one and get what you want. These days with the price of new stuff, you can do just as well buying a nice Boutique one. Just bought a Nice ASUS Laptop from iBuypower. If you like the case, then the Fallout one has some nice specs.
That last one on that list, PowerSpec G433 is a monster and has one heck of a good price.

Anarkie13

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
The closest Micro Center is in Dallas, Texas; 4 hours or so away from me. Worth taking a road trip perhaps?
My nearest MicroCenter is 3 hours to Boston. Next build I will take a road trip, head into the city, go to my favorite restaurants (or find new favorites on Yelp) and have a great day out with some friends.

Get a few friends in on the trip and go for it! In the end it'll cost more due to the trip, but that cost buys memories and good times.

Reactions: erik62905
The closest Micro Center is in Dallas, Texas; 4 hours or so away from me. Worth taking a road trip perhaps?
I will say this. When I looked at his list and saw that PowerSpec G433, that was a LOT of bang for the buck. I was checking Microcenter and saw that they had an online store ( closest one to me is about 2 hrs away, Fairfax, Va. and with the traffic in the DC area, that 2 hrs can grow ). As I said, when I saw that G433 that was listed and the specs, at the price that it was advertised, I wouldn't have hesitated. I look at this stuff nearly everyday, and am not usually all that impressed. I see very good builds, but then the price tends to put a chill on things. I was stunned when I saw the price for what was being offered. The one downside I found was that it only had 500Gb of storage, but it was NVMe M.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: erik62905

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS