Question IBUYPOWER gaming PC freezes even after windows reinstall

Nov 20, 2022
Hello so I am having a huge issue that has kept me from being able to really use my PC at all for the last 2 weeks. Here are the specs then i’ll go into more depth about the issue. I need help bad.

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Processor
Processor Cooling - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240mm ARGB
Memory - 16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
Video Card - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 16GB - GIGABYTE AORUS MASTER (VR-Ready)
Storage - 1TB MSI M370 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Motherboard - ASRock B550M-C
Power Supply - 750 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
Internal Wireless Network - PCIe or On-Board Wireless Network
Operating System - Windows 10 Home

So two weeks ago I was just playing call of duty when my PC crashed out of nowhere which I thought was just a simple crash. However, after that the pc crashes wouldn’t stop and whenever my pc was on for no more than 20 minutes it would freeze. It would freeze right on startup or shortly after. I noticed my CPU temps were getting to about 110 Celsius so I replaced my cooling system with the cooler you see in the specs which is an arctic brand. My cpu doesn’t overheat anymore but I still get constant crashes on Windows. I never get these sorts of crashes in the BIOS or in the Advanced system options. When it freezes, I my mouse cursor freezes completely and I can’t move it, and I can’t CTRL ALT DELETE. I have to force shutdown by holding down the top button on my PC. It only happens on Windows and I have tried almost just about anything you can think of. I have ran memory tests, reinstalled windows about 3 times, removed my ram sticks and put them back in, took my pc to an expert which he thought might have been a windows update which was causing the issue, which at first did cause my pc to last a little bit longer than usual before freezing but the issue persisted about an hour later. I even ordered the same hard drive which I used to replace my other one since IBUYPOWER told me to try doing that, but I am still having the issue. I can’t even login to Windows for more than 5 seconds without my system crashing and at this point I have no idea what to do anymore. Someone please help I would seriously appreciate it so much because I have no idea what to do anymore.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022
what the exact brand and model of the psu ?

I am honestly unable to tell I tried removing the side case but I can’t figure out which brand. I could always call iBuyPower tomorrow and figure it out. Everything in my PC lights up good and the fans work great. Could it still be a power supply issue? It’s starting to seem like my PC freezes more the longer it’s on. Whenever I plug the back power cord out for awhile, I will get on and it will stay on longer. Once it freezes while it’s on it seems to freeze more and more quicker and quicker after that. Sometimes my displayport and ethernet cable won’t detect either the more times it crashes.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022
I am honestly unable to tell I tried removing the side case but I can’t figure out which brand. I could always call iBuyPower tomorrow and figure it out. Everything in my PC lights up good and the fans work great. Could it still be a power supply issue?
if it is not overheating. my guess would be the psu
Okay i’m gonna order a new psu now and see if that could be there problem. Any suggestions on specific 750w 80 PLUS GOLD psu’s I should get? I want to make sure I get the best brand incase this is the issue.