Question iBuyPower Gaming RDY LCMRG206 overheating

Jun 7, 2024
My desktop's CPU will overheat at seemingly random times. I've been having this problem intermittently for a couple years now (though the computer was not my "daily driver" for all that time). Sometimes it will be fine for a few days and sometimes it will fail a few minutes after being woken up. Not allowing it to fall asleep seems to ameliorate the issue, though it doesn't solve it by any means.

Is there anything I should try, or do I just need to replace the AIO? I'm inexperienced when it comes to hardware.

Code:
Gaming RDY LCMRG206
Case: iBUYPOWER Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh RGB Tempered Glass
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor (12X 3.7GHz/64MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System
Memory: 16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz RGB
Video Card: GeForce RTX 3080 - 10GB GDDR6X (VR-Ready)
Storage: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
Internal Wireless Network: On-Board Wireless Network
Operating System: Windows 11 Home

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My desktop's CPU will overheat at seemingly random times. I've been having this problem intermittently for a couple years now (though the computer was not my "daily driver" for all that time). Sometimes it will be fine for a few days and sometimes it will fail a few minutes after being woken up. Not allowing it to fall asleep seems to ameliorate the issue, though it doesn't solve it by any means.

Is there anything I should try, or do I just need to replace the AIO? I'm inexperienced when it comes to hardware.

Code:
Gaming RDY LCMRG206
Case: iBUYPOWER Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh RGB Tempered Glass
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor (12X 3.7GHz/64MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System
Memory: 16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz RGB
Video Card: GeForce RTX 3080 - 10GB GDDR6X (VR-Ready)
Storage: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
Power Supply: 800 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
Internal Wireless Network: On-Board Wireless Network
Operating System: Windows 11 Home

If the CPU cooler will fit in the top of the case(fans blowing out the top) I would try that first and move the top case fans to the front blowing in.

From the pic you will need to flip the cooler fans over to blow the other way.

Jun 7, 2024
How do you know it overheats?
I've been using Core Temp to monitor it. Shutdown occurs when and only when it reaches 95–100 degrees Celsius.

If the CPU cooler will fit in the top of the case(fans blowing out the top) I would try that first and move the top case fans to the front blowing in.

From the pic you will need to flip the cooler fans over to blow the other way.
Can you clarify what you mean be needing to flip the fans over? Everything is oriented correctly in the pic, right?

Last edited:
AIO are really hard to tell if they are really working. You can feel the tubes where they go in and out of the radiator. You many times can feel a difference. Sometimes you can feel the vibration from the pump....most pumps are in the mount on the cpu but some are in the radiator.

The only real cpu that need AIO are things like 13900k and even those you can air cool as long as you leave the power levels at intel defaults. Modern air coolers can cool as well as most 240 aio. Of course 360 and bigger AIO have more cooling capacity for people that need it.

Try the standard remove the cooler replace the paste and maybe you get lucky.

If not you can get good air coolers for fairly cheap. This is one of the highest rated air coolers and it is cheap. There is no RGB at this price point.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LGY38L4

Reactions: CountMike