iBuyPower Intros LAN Warrior Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
It seems to me the people who regularly go to LANs for gaming get half of their entertainment from seeing the custom cases and the different mods each person brings with them.

Something like this would be equivalent to showing up with an HP pre-built, or maybe even an iMac, although I suspect you'd run into more hostility if it were indeed an iMac.

So as the author already stated, it does take a lot of the fun away from building your own computer if you are someone who likes to attend LAN parties.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]platypus[/nom]or maybe even an iMac, although I suspect you'd run into more hostility if it were indeed an iMac.[/citation]
Meaning they'd all team up on you during COD4 and then proceed to start uploading malware to the said iMac.

At least, that's what I think would happen.

But yeah, half the fun does seem to be from custom cases, which is kewl. It's like video-games and looking at cars all at oncce, you get to frag some people then drool over that sexy piece of metal you oh-so desire.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
"On top of the upgrades, the hefty price tag will also score you a Fatal1ty edition Creative soundcard and a Killer M1 network card."

If the referred to upgrades include the 2x GTX295, where exactly does one place these other 2 cards....curious since I have a Rampage II Gene and love it but can't do SLI on dual slot cards AND have my PhysX PCI card as well.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]"On top of the upgrades, the hefty price tag will also score you a Fatal1ty edition Creative soundcard and a Killer M1 network card."If the referred to upgrades include the 2x GTX295, where exactly does one place these other 2 cards....curious since I have a Rampage II Gene and love it but can't do SLI on dual slot cards AND have my PhysX PCI card as well.[/citation]

Thanks for bringing that up! I went through the motions on the iBuyPower PC builder, and it never stopped me from adding the sound and network cards after adding the GPUs. You're absolutely right - two video cards means no other add-in cards.

-Devin

avericia

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
"A paltry $4,478 will nab you an Core i7 965 Extreme Edition, 12 GB of Corsair DDR3-1600, two Nvidia GTX 295 video cards
in SLI, dual 300 GB Velociraptor drives, a Blu-ray burner, and a 1000W power supply."

These stats make me droooooool, i would build it from newegg with and oc i7 920 for half the price but still :p

G

[citation][nom]avericia[/nom]"A paltry $4,478 will nab you an Core i7 965 Extreme Edition, 12 GB of Corsair DDR3-1600, two Nvidia GTX 295 video cardsin SLI, dual 300 GB Velociraptor drives, a Blu-ray burner, and a 1000W power supply."These stats make me droooooool, i would build it from newegg with and oc i7 920 for half the price but still[/citation]

Intel Extreme Edition CPUs are an extreme waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.