iBuypower Reveals Revolt 2, SFF Gaming PC With Room For More

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
This case has a nice Star Wars/Sci-Fi feel to it. It seems like there is plenty of room to put the components (especially if they would have mounted the AIC so that the hoses were in the back), but they chose to squeeze everything into the tightest space possible for no reason. How is the Graphics Card fan supposed to work being sandwiched between the case and the power supply. The power supply appears to be right on top of the motherboard eliminating any air CPU cooling options. Maybe a Micro ATX power supply would be a better air flow choice for customers. I wonder if they have any plans to sell the computer case separately.

Article makes it sound like liquid cooling is required for this case (including the GPU)

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
A case like this will benefit from using the EK Predator line.

Think about it, Using a mono block for the motherboard, full GPU Predator block and the 240 EK Predator radiator.

The only issue here is length of tubing as thing may get a little bulky and length of the radiator :(

Kenneth Barker

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015
Article makes it sound like liquid cooling is required for this case (including the GPU)

As the picture shows blower type GPU, I would say that would not be the case, for this case.

Agreed. The blower style coolers are really the only way to go in SFF. Most cases squeeze the space above and below the card pretty tight. The blower cards give the best air flow and cooling in this design cases. That, or water cooling.

VaporX

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Agreed. The blower style coolers are really the only way to go in SFF. Most cases squeeze the space above and below the card pretty tight. The blower cards give the best air flow and cooling in this design cases. That, or water cooling.

Open air vs blower style coolers have less impact than people think. Testing I have done in house shows the impact is usually not enough to cause throttle and the small change in overall system temp results in louder systems and hotter GPU chips. The specific case of this design either cooler will be having an issue. The window is so close to the intakes that little air will pass around the card compared to a more open design and the air that does pass around has already been heated. A near perfect mod for this design would be to replace the window with a nice mesh grill to allow the video card direct outside air flow for cooling.

The design to me looks pretty neat, I like seeing companies think outside the "box".

Maybe if they just perforated the window, or maybe they've actually tested it and it works fine, as they designed the case afterall.

Kenneth Barker

Reputable
Aug 17, 2015

The blower style coolers do not pull in the air source from the top of the card. The main intake is at the end of the card. Where you can see a decent gap. Blower style fans pull air in from the end of the card, not the top. Thats why blower cards have significantly better cooling in really tight SLI configurations where there is little space between the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.