IBUYPOWER Trace 941 - GPU 82C @ 98% GPU Usage

Jul 10, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm new in Tom's Hardware.
I also do not build PC's but I do have very decent computer knowledge.

This past Sunday I went to Best Buy and bought an IBUYPOWER Trace 941.
It's retail price is at $1799.99. However its on 100$ Price drop for $1699.99. Minus 100$ Student discount and I got it for $1599.99. Add the tax, and ended up being 1700 out the door.

Anyways, this is my first liquid cooled PC. And my knowledge with computer cooling, proper CPU and GPU rates, are mediocre.

Computer Link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-1tb-hard-drive-240gb-solid-state-drive-gray-black/6180826.p?skuId=6180826

SPECS:
8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8700K processor
16GB system memory
1TB hard drive and 240GB solid state drive (SSD)
GTX 1080 8GB
Liquid Cooling (I researched its some generic cheap IbuyPower Brand)

***QUESTION***
Been playing Witcher 3 on ULTRA.
I turn 'OFF' VSync and Frame limiters.
Game runs from 90-150 FPS.
GPU In-Game while moving around/Conversations - 82C @ 98% usage
GPU In Menu - 59C @ 34% Usage
CPU In-Game movements 53C to 78C @ 23-45% usage. It fluctuates ALOT however, second by second goes from 53, then 63, then 67,etc. Very inconsistent and unsteady.

The Tempered Glass on the side of the case in front of the GPU feels hot to the touch.
The rear of the PC, where the GPU is attached feels very hot as well.

The PC ONLY CAME with the liquid cooling and rear fan.
So, I added a 120mm Fan on the front middle area of the case to blow cold air. It is approximately 78F in my house. I live in Vegas and in the summer outside temps can be up to 110F.
I am also waiting for the 4pin splitter from amazon, so I can activate my 140mm Upper Fan.
And also activate my 2nd front 120mm Fan.

The motherboard only has 3 CHA_Fans and 1 CPU_Fan.
I believe the liquid cooling is of course plugged in CPU_Fan 1
The Rear Fan in CHA_Fan 1.
Idk what is on CHA_Fan 3 but something is plugged in. Is it the PSU?
And on CHA_Fan 2 I have the front 120mm fan plugged in.

Anyways, are these temps on both CPU and GPU NORMAL and safe to play for hours?
Do you need me to provide Idle temps?

Thank you for the help!

Solution
while not ideal and is technically safe. I would expect temps to go down after you get your case fan issue sorted out. what I can't tell is if that is a blower style 1080 and if it is that would explain your high temps, those things are notoriously hot especially when intake/exhaust airflow is limited. get that GPU some fresh air and it'll sort itself out as you have a high ambient temp as well. you can download MSI AB for your GPU and set a fan curve to try and cool it down, it'll sound like a rocket engine but that's what headphones are for
while not ideal and is technically safe. I would expect temps to go down after you get your case fan issue sorted out. what I can't tell is if that is a blower style 1080 and if it is that would explain your high temps, those things are notoriously hot especially when intake/exhaust airflow is limited. get that GPU some fresh air and it'll sort itself out as you have a high ambient temp as well. you can download MSI AB for your GPU and set a fan curve to try and cool it down, it'll sound like a rocket engine but that's what headphones are for

Solution