Ibuypower's RMA service...

bryjoered

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Wow, I've never been so dissapointed in a companies warranty service in my life. I sent my PC into Ibuypower to fix a minor problem I was having with several of the USB ports that stopped working. It wasn't a big problem, but I figured I might as well get it fixed before the warranty runs out because they broke through no fault of my own. Boy, am I sorry I ever decided to do this!
I sent it on Nov 20th, 2012 and they don't even get it back to me until last Thursday Dec 14th,2012. They say two weeks on their website. I called after two weeks and not only had it not been shipped, they hadn't even begun to repair it! I think my call might have expedited it a little bit, and I received the PC a week and a half later. I set up the sucker and try to boot it and it won't even boot up! It starts up then shuts down, then repeats until I unplug it.

How they could send me a system, that is broken and doesn't even work when I sent them a perfectly working system with a minor problem is beyond me. I don't know enough about computer internals to tell if it is just a minor problem, or to even troubleshoot it for that matter. The technician, after they kept me on hold for an hour and a half, told me that it could be an entirely shot power supply! Now, I have to ship the damn thing back to them and who knows how long they will take this time. Ibuypower actually uses some really quality components and you can get a PC from them for almost as cheap as you could build on your own, but there warranty service, and customer support is pretty bad. If they send me a non functioning PC this time, I don't know what I'm gonna do, wouldn't I just deserve a new one at that point?

TRENDING THREADS