ICHR10 RAID 5 windows 7 installation

tiktaalik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Windows 7 Prof 64 bit installation on ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 that supports ICHR10 motherboard hardware RAID 5 problem.

When installing Windows 7, at the screen choosing partition, format, Load Drivers;
I choose load drivers and the partition 0,1 and let it install.

I have attempted to load Windows 7 Prof 64 bit several times, each time it gets to screens that says:
Setup is Updating Registry Settings
Starting Services
Completing installation - system reboots
Starting Windows... (at this point the system sets)

I've let the system sit overnight. It was in the same state in the morning.

I've downloaded drivers from ASUS and Intel. Neither worked.

I have successfully installed Vista Enterprise 64 bit and Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit into motherboard hardware RAID 5 array that works fine by providing ICHR10 drivers..

My hardware:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
6 GB RAM
Three - hard drives configured as RAID 5 in BIOS

MRFS

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Did you launch the Intel Option ROM first,
in order to initialize all member drives?

(You didn't mention this step above.)

On all ICH10R I/O controller hubs,
disks that are members of a RAID array
should be initialized by the Intel Option ROM:

Cf. CTRL-I during startup.

MRFS

tiktaalik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

Yes. As I said, Vista and Server 2008 were successfully installed and work great on RAID 5 using the "F6" procedure to install their respective drivers. There is something different with Win 7. I don't know what yet.

tiktaalik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

That is the next step. As you can appreciate, this is very time consuming and I can't have the system down for prolong periods.

tiktaalik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

I did and no luck.

tiktaalik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010

I turned storage controller ROM on/off -- no help.

I tried installing to just an IDE drive instead of RAID array -- no help.

I think I have a bad disc.

FYI

tiktaalik

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
The resolution which was found on Microsoft's web site was using an unattended answer file (they provide) and the extracted drivers for the video card. The DMI drivers did not ship with the Win 7 DVD. There is no VGA output on the video card for the OS to default to, therefore the apparent failed installation. The OS was waiting for input, I just couldn't see it because no DMI drivers were available.

8hustler8

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

Can you provide any insight for someone trying to install Server 2008 R2 on an ASUS P6T DV2??? I have tried multiple times with no luck; keep getting the CD\DVD driver errors. I've tried all of the inf packages on the ASUS site. I have non idea what i could be doing wrong at this point. Please help if you can.

TRENDING THREADS