[SOLVED] Icon graphics changing

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
Hey all,

I'm running and old 2600k system with win 10 pro... When I start the pc, about every 5th time it will display the icons in what looks like a more basic form of graphics. Resetting the computer fixes the problem every time, but I was wondering if anyone knows what might be going on here. A couple of times it has even displayed the icons arranged on the bottom of the screen, instead of on the left side like normal.... Thanks!

Solution
Hello

Please check if any graphic driver and BIOS updates are available. Also, please check and install any available Windows updates and see if any of these fixes the issue.

If all the drivers are updated, please try rolling back the graphics driver to an earlier built as sometime doing so does the trick.

If everything fails, Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command would be something you want to try.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello

Please check if any graphic driver and BIOS updates are available. Also, please check and install any available Windows updates and see if any of these fixes the issue.

If all the drivers are updated, please try rolling back the graphics driver to an earlier built as sometime doing so does the trick.

If everything fails, Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command would be something you want to try.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks 007..... My graphics card is an old amd 6900 series, I thought that might be on the way out. The bios and windows are both up to date. I haven't checked the drivers, but I'm sure I can figure out how to check those easy enough. That scannow is very cool... I didn't know that existed, thank you for linking that...