Icons lost applications

For some reason the icons on my desktop that point to internet shortcuts
have all lost their program associations. When double-clicked I get asked
to pick the app to open this type of file (Netscape, IE, Winamp......), so I
select the one I want and click on "Always Use Selected Program", but my
choice is never saved. The icons are remaining generic and without
association. My local program shortcuts are NOT affected - they work
normally. ANY IDEAS ???? (I have no viruses, now or ever, that have
gotten in.)

Here try this fix from Doug's page. Fix.exe

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_exe_fix.zip

--
Peter

"Rich B" <SPAMve6reb@hotmailSPAM.com> wrote in message news:2BEEA0B9-E76D-47BB-A904-487F0F4959DB@microsoft.com...
> For some reason the icons on my desktop that point to internet shortcuts
> have all lost their program associations. When double-clicked I get asked
> to pick the app to open this type of file (Netscape, IE, Winamp......), so I
> select the one I want and click on "Always Use Selected Program", but my
> choice is never saved. The icons are remaining generic and without
> association. My local program shortcuts are NOT affected - they work
> normally. ANY IDEAS ???? (I have no viruses, now or ever, that have
> gotten in.)

Rich,

Click Start, Run and type:

REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW.DLL