Question ICUE h60i pro xt 120mm good enough for i5 12600k?

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Will the corsair ICUE h60i pro xt 120mm be good enough to cool i5 12600k?

Cant fit a 240mm radiator in case and big aircoolers wont fit to.

I am not planning to overclock.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ohh, the about the M-ITX build from before.
So uhh, there's a few things here:
A)Vertically mounted gpu.
This kills your AIO/CLC options. You are restricted to up to 75mm air coolers and bottom mounted custom loops.
[120mm AIO is not compatible here.]

B)Gpu is in the normal position, but you're using the glass panel to show off the inside. More options available* up to 280mm AIO in the side panel, and up to 152mm air coolers.
The glass panel is just going to choke an AIO, so they're not really an option - well, they're not a good one.
[120mm AIO is going to get choked here.]

C)Gpu is same as B, but using the mesh panel instead. Side panel AIO is viable, and air cooler goes up to 154mm clearance.
[The only real option and it should be ok for cooling, but you should be able to go bigger..?]

So why can't a 240mm radiator fit in the case? Is there something the online specs page has omitted?

Reactions: Sjnokkem

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Thanks for your help! and yeah I am still figuring out what to do.

So here is my point of view:
I would like to use the tempered glass for the aesthetics. I have been doing measurements with the case and gpu in horizontal pos. I can fit 120x15mm fans under the gpu (aio radiator won't fit).

I would top mount the 120mm aio above the psu mounting bracket (measurements fit). for 240mm aio on the top I need to do more modification (which I don't like) because of ram clearance on mobo.

The big air coolers won't fit because of ram clearance so that's why I thought of the 120mm aio.

Fan setup: 2 120x15mm fans bottom mount, 1 120x25mm fan top mount (above mobo) and 1 120mm aio top mount (above psu bracket), 1 92x25mm fan back mounted.

Airflow:
initial idea: bottom intake, top exhaust, back exhaust.
second idea: bottom exhaust (for gpu heath), top exhaust, back intake
(have to do a little more research on aio + tempered glass panel airflow.

The idea of this build is compact aesthetics.

-Does this setup sounds decent or is it a no go?
-Why would the aio choke with the tempered glass panel?

thank you for your effort to help me again! :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Alright, so Option B.
Though you didn't say why a radiator won't fit in the side, it's no good anyway, since it blocks most of the view.

I believe I see why top AIO is listed as N/A in the specs:
iu

The big air coolers won't fit because of ram clearance...
That's not true. The real problem is that ITX clearance is different from larger form factors and only a couple of companies(Noctua and be quiet!) have bothered to do and provide clearance information.
For any other brand, you're on your own trying to figure it out, or hoping that someone else has 'already been there' and would tell you their story.
There's more than one Asrock Z690M and cooler options are actually not the same between them:
https://ncc.noctua.at/motherboards/model/ASRock-Z690M-Phantom-Gaming-4-5358
https://www.bequiet.com/en/motherboardcheck

Noctua also has a 'how well this cooler handles this cpu' sort of thing: https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/Intel-Core-i5-12600K-1581

So if Noctua or be quiet! coolers are available and you're ok with 'em, I would suggest going with one of those, and passing on the AIO idea.
NH-D12L looks to be Noctua's strongest offering for either Asrock board.
be quiet!, on the other hand, depends entirely on the exact motherboard. For the Phantom Gaming 4, they really don't have anything. With the ITX-AX, they have Dark Rock TF2.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The DarkRock TF2 is a very good cooler, considerably better than any 120mm AIO and pretty much any 140mm AIO. My personal preference lies with liquid cooling, but that's me, but the TF2 is very high on the list of aircoolers I'd use if not going liquid. One of its biggest advantages is that it is down/updraft style, which is often overlooked in ATX but offers considerable value to mITX, which with recent developments in skyscraper attitude towards heatsinks and other components going vertical to the board, offers challenges to horizontal cooling.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Now I am concidering the be quiet dark rock tf 2, any suggestions on airflow with a top down cooler? Or is it fairly the same as tower coolers?
Please confirm which of the 2 Asrock Z690M boards you have? The TF2 only fits on one of them.

Airflow is fairly the same... but there's a guide over HERE at OCN suggesting that flipping the fan(s) on downdraft coolers may be better. It's too bad a good chunk of the images broke since the site changed hosts and they never bothered to fix 'em...
Downflow / Pancake Cooler Fan Orientation for Better Cooling
"I've found more often than not using the fan to pull air up from cooler give significantly lower temps than pushing air into cooler.

Reason is, pushing air in through cooler means hot air coming out toward motherboard turns out, hits RAM, GPU, I/O housings etc., turning up past cooler & fan and is sucked back into fan.

With fan pulling out of cooler, air flows over motherboard, up into cooler, fan and out side vents.

Even on open bench testing just turning the fan often lowers mobo and CPU temps by 5-8c."

Sjnokkem

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2016
Please confirm which of the 2 Asrock Z690M boards you have? The TF2 only fits on one of them.

Airflow is fairly the same... but there's a guide over HERE at OCN suggesting that flipping the fan(s) on downdraft coolers may be better. It's too bad a good chunk of the images broke since the site changed hosts and they never bothered to fix 'em...
Downflow / Pancake Cooler Fan Orientation for Better Cooling
"I've found more often than not using the fan to pull air up from cooler give significantly lower temps than pushing air into cooler.

Reason is, pushing air in through cooler means hot air coming out toward motherboard turns out, hits RAM, GPU, I/O housings etc., turning up past cooler & fan and is sucked back into fan.

With fan pulling out of cooler, air flows over motherboard, up into cooler, fan and out side vents.

Even on open bench testing just turning the fan often lowers mobo and CPU temps by 5-8c."
It is the ASRock z690m-ITX not the phantom version