[SOLVED] iCUE H60i Water Colling for i9 10900k is cause temperature CPU instability?

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
I currently use iCUE H60i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler for my i9 10900k. I noticed that the temperature of my CPU high jumps from 65 to 72 degrees celsius in seconds then goes back to 62 degrees like this during gameplay.

In common desktop tasks I have no problem as it is no more than 50 degrees

Could it be my water colling or is it normal for the CPU?

Water Cooler i'm using:

UUANdlX.png

lwQfMmx.jpg

Solution
Core temperature is the one I would watch, as you have seen some cores can run hotter due to either differing workloads or possibly a cooler problem in a specific part of the cpu. At 96c the cpu would have been throttling. Ideally you want temps <80c but <85c is ok. A 10900k would normally be paired with 280mm or greater AIO. A 120mm is no better than a low/mid range air cooler.

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
That’s normal for temps to bounce around. However I am stunned your temps are not worse, a 120mm AIO is a bad choice for a 10900k
I did the stress test on AIDA64 for 1 hour and the maximum I got in CPU temperature was 81 degrees. The highest cores were 96 degrees. What matters is the CPU or core temperatures?
thanks

Core temperature is the one I would watch, as you have seen some cores can run hotter due to either differing workloads or possibly a cooler problem in a specific part of the cpu. At 96c the cpu would have been throttling. Ideally you want temps <80c but <85c is ok. A 10900k would normally be paired with 280mm or greater AIO. A 120mm is no better than a low/mid range air cooler.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Which generations did Intel's cpus thermal throttle below 99.x degrees Celsius? I don't know of any recent ones.
That 10900K should still run at max turbo boost even if the cores hit 98C, unless the OP or the board manufacturer set a custom(lower) throttle limit in bios.
I do agree that 96C core temperatures are too high though.

Reactions: uWebb429

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021

yes but when i try stress test than u think i have a problem with my cpu?

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Which generations did Intel's cpus thermal throttle below 99.x degrees Celsius? I don't know of any recent ones.
That 10900K should still run at max turbo boost even if the cores hit 98C, unless the OP or the board manufacturer set a custom(lower) throttle limit in bios.
I do agree that 96C core temperatures are too high though.
thanks for your answer but i have same thought but i need change my cooler and case because i using middle case

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Asus Strix LC II 280
be quiet! Pure Loop 280
Corsair H115i Elite Capellix
EK-AIO 280
Fractal Design Celsius+ S28 Dynamic, or Prisma(more RGB)
NZXT Kraken X or Z63

Air cooling options are fewer due to the combination of the tall Corsair ram(Vengeance RGB is around 50-something mm tall, forcing removal/relocation of front fan) and the chassis' max supported air cooler height of 160mm.
Scythe FUMA 2
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT

Reactions: AlltaiRMentoR
@AlltaiRMentoR - If you are worried about your CPU temperature then try reducing the CPU voltage. This costs nothing. Most 10900K will run 100% stable with an undervolt of -75 mV to -100 mV. Run a consistent stress test like Cinebench and watch your VCore voltage. A decent 10900K can run this test at 1.20 V to 1.25 V. At default BIOS settings, the CPU will be getting a lot more voltage than that.

wsEXT19.png

Here is how to do a -75 mV undervolt on an Asus board.

n2S74Db.png

Only look at the CPU core temperatures. If monitoring software shows you a temperature number that is lower than the peak core temperature, ignore it.

Reactions: AlltaiRMentoR

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Asus Strix LC II 280
be quiet! Pure Loop 280
EK-AIO 280
Fractal Design Celsius+ S28 Dynamic, or Prisma(more RGB)
NZXT Kraken X or Z63

Air cooling options are fewer due to the combination of the tall Corsair ram(Vengeance RGB is around 50-something mm tall, forcing removal/relocation of front fan) and the chassis' max supported air cooler height of 160mm.
Scythe FUMA 2
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT

i will take this i think a good choice

AlltaiRMentoR

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
@AlltaiRMentoR - If you are worried about your CPU temperature then try reducing the CPU voltage. This costs nothing. Most 10900K will run 100% stable with an undervolt of -75 mV to -100 mV. Run a consistent stress test like Cinebench and watch your VCore voltage. A decent 10900K can run this test at 1.20 V to 1.25 V. At default BIOS settings, the CPU will be getting a lot more voltage than that.

wsEXT19.png

Here is how to do a -75 mV undervolt on an Asus board.

n2S74Db.png

Only look at the CPU core temperatures. If monitoring software shows you a temperature number that is lower than the peak core temperature, ignore it.

i can lost warranty if do that?

i can lost warranty
If you are worried about your warranty then do not change anything. Run it hot like Intel intended. If there are any problems your warranty will cover fixing it. As long as your computer runs good you do not have to worry about the CPU temperature. Intel CPUs are well designed so they can look after themselves. They will automatically slow down if they get to a temperature that is not safe.