Mar 2, 2020
Hi guys, I'm planning to build a desktop, but I want to build a ARGB desktop where with one button, i can control all the rgbs of the fans and the casing. But cases with argb fans are too less. I'm wondering if Corsair iCUE works the same as ARGB.

Solution
Hi NoRage,

ARGB and iCUE are comparable when looking at fans. An ARGB case uses a dedicated RGB header on your motherboard and has to be controlled through software of your MoBo manufacturer mostly. Simple splitters will usually connect all fans to a single header.

Corsair iCUE uses an USB 2.0 port or a small external controller. If you are planning to go with iCUE, take note that the fan packs (and often cases) come with just a splitter for the specific iCUE adapter and an external controller you can use with it.

The simple controller only allows you to choose a few modes (tho some are quite pretty), the speeds and color for static color effects. To take full advantage, you will need a Commander pro (which can be quite expensive)...
Mar 23, 2020
Hi NoRage,

ARGB and iCUE are comparable when looking at fans. An ARGB case uses a dedicated RGB header on your motherboard and has to be controlled through software of your MoBo manufacturer mostly. Simple splitters will usually connect all fans to a single header.

Corsair iCUE uses an USB 2.0 port or a small external controller. If you are planning to go with iCUE, take note that the fan packs (and often cases) come with just a splitter for the specific iCUE adapter and an external controller you can use with it.

The simple controller only allows you to choose a few modes (tho some are quite pretty), the speeds and color for static color effects. To take full advantage, you will need a Commander pro (which can be quite expensive), or possibly a lightning node pro (which costs a bit less, but comes with LED strips).

iCUE is quite an expensive ecosystem, but also broader and a lot more customisable. If cost is your concern, don't start on it.

Solution
Mar 2, 2020
Hi NoRage,

The simple controller only allows you to choose a few modes (tho some are quite pretty), the speeds and color for static color effects. To take full advantage, you will need a Commander pro (which can be quite expensive), or possibly a lightning node pro (which costs a bit less, but comes with LED strips).

iCUE is quite an expensive ecosystem, but also broader and a lot more customisable. If cost is your concern, don't start on it.
But do i connect the case fans from the iCUE Corsair cases to motherboard or something else?

Mar 23, 2020
Hi,

Sorry for being unclear. Any iCUE controller (apart from the external one you migth get with fan multipacks) will plug into your usb2.0 header on the motherboard itself, so you need to check if your motherboard of choice has one. The Commander Pro has another 2 on it for daisy chaining (which I am currently using for both an AIO and the Lightning Node).

Reactions: NoRageNR