[SOLVED] ID-Cooling 240 Zoomflow lighting control on motherboard?

Apr 16, 2020
How do I sync the RGB of my MSI Tomahawk B450 motherboard with ID Cooling 240 Zoomflow's MSI Mystic Light RGB?

Hi guys as the title said, I have a MSI Tomahawk Max B450 motherboard and Liquid cooling ID-Cooling 240 Zoomflow,
my cooling saids that it's compatible to MSI Mystic Light but I don't know where I should place the pin on my motherboard for it to work.
I'm looking at this JRGB, should I plug it there?

Any recommendations or any tips on how I can sync the RGB lights on both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Lutfij is right.

That "RGB MSI Mystic Light Sync" phrase is a common statement among lighting systems, and it really is deceptive if you don't understand RGB lighting systems. There are TWO different dominant lighting systems, and they can NOT be mixed together on one circuit. The simpler system is called just plain RGB and it uses a 4-pin connector that supplies 12 VDC power and three Grounds. The more complex system is called Addressable RGB or ADDR RGB or ARGB or Digital RGB, and it uses a 3-pin connector that supplies 5 VDC power, a Ground, and a digital Control Line. Both the power supply voltage and the method of display control are quite different between the two.

Mobo makers make boards with no lighting headers, some with only...

Lutfij

Titan
The AIO you own is advertised to be an unit with Addressable RGB, while the board you own only has RGB headers, they are not compatible with each other. The only way you're going to be able to control the LED's on the AIO is using the remote that's bundled with the AIO.

Apr 16, 2020
but is says that my AIO has a RGB MSI Mystic Light Sync,

should I have a 5V male in my motherboard for me to sync it? cause i'm not seeing any 5V male or something, all I see is JRGB 1 & 2

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Lutfij is right.

That "RGB MSI Mystic Light Sync" phrase is a common statement among lighting systems, and it really is deceptive if you don't understand RGB lighting systems. There are TWO different dominant lighting systems, and they can NOT be mixed together on one circuit. The simpler system is called just plain RGB and it uses a 4-pin connector that supplies 12 VDC power and three Grounds. The more complex system is called Addressable RGB or ADDR RGB or ARGB or Digital RGB, and it uses a 3-pin connector that supplies 5 VDC power, a Ground, and a digital Control Line. Both the power supply voltage and the method of display control are quite different between the two.

Mobo makers make boards with no lighting headers, some with only plain RGB, some with only ADDR RGB, and some with both. Each maker has its own lighting display control utility for its boards, and these are always written to work with BOTH types of mobo headers. So the NAME of the SOFTWARE UTILITY (like MSI Mystic Light) does NOT tell you which type of lighting devices your board can handle. That depends only on the type of controller and mobo header installed on your particular mobo.

MSI boards use the labels JRGB for a plain RGB header, and JRAINBOW for an ARGB header. You have only the JRGB (plain RGB) type, whereas the lights in your AIO system apparently are the other type, ARGB.

Solution