Review ID-Cooling FX360 Pro Review: Very good for $60

colossusrage

Prominent
Jun 8, 2022
Thermalright has a $55 and $65 360MM AIO. I just bought the more expensive one to replace a Peerless Assassin, haven't hooked it up yet, but the build quality feels legitimate.

Reactions: Albert.Thomas

namtrooper81

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
I used to own the Noctua NH-D15, but I had clearance issues when I got the Eiswolf 2 AIO cooler for my 6800xt. So I replaced it with a very affordable ID-Cooling 360 radiator AIO for my cpu. I have been very happy this far with it. None of the bling with good performance and a solid price. Everything I like in a product.

Yankee_4tm

Prominent
May 12, 2023
Hello, i am using this cooler for 6 months.
I am not geek in PC softs. Just could you explain me how to set its fans to 38,2 noise level?
P.s.
Bought it from China only for 40$ with no taxes. There weren't any tests on youtube or google, just bought it blinded way. It worked.

Yankee_4tm

Prominent
May 12, 2023
B
They are not the only company doing AIO in that price range, some even have RGB if want it, have to say if I was in the market for a new cooler, I would give these a go.
Bro, my question wasnt that. I know what their company do. And i took my one from official store in their motherland China. But i asked for another thing

colossusrage

Prominent
Jun 8, 2022
I am not geek in PC softs. Just could you explain me how to set its fans to 38,2 noise level?
P.s.
Bought it from China only for 40$ with no taxes. There weren't any tests on youtube or google, just bought it blinded way. It worked.
Use the fan control settings in your BIOS. There's usually some sort of quiet mode or you can set it manually.

Yankee_4tm

Prominent
May 12, 2023
Use the fan control settings in your BIOS. There's usually some sort of quiet mode or you can set it manually.
Yes, i can use fan control like 50% power when 30C etc, 70%-50C. But i dont know how to fix it to exact noise level. Is that fix being by fan control soft or i need tester and do it manually?

They are so much cheaper as they sell most of their stock directly to consumers through ebay. They cut out the middle man and ship direct.

I've an ID Frostflow 240l and it's solid. 3 years in, keeping my 5600x chilled as can be. Temps typically, Idle - 30c, Game - 45-65, Load - 70-75c. It's cooling as good as they day it was installed.

Now, of course, I know the lifespan of AIO's are shorter (approx up to 5 yrs), so I'm expecting to replace it within a year or two.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
i need tester and do it manually?
You need a device that measures acoustics.
Plus, if the distance you sit from your PC isn't at least the same as what was done in the noise tests, you'll get different results; [at the same rpm] if you sit further away than the tested sample, it'll sound quieter, and if you sit closer, it'll be louder.

Speaking of which, @Albert.Thomas , from how far away is your noise testing done?

They are so much cheaper as they sell most of their stock directly to consumers through ebay. They cut out the middle man and ship direct.

I've an ID Frostflow 240l and it's solid. 3 years in, keeping my 5600x chilled as can be. Temps typically, Idle - 30c, Game - 45-65, Load - 70-75c. It's cooling as good as they day it was installed.

Now, of course, I know the lifespan of AIO's are shorter (approx up to 5 yrs), so I'm expecting to replace it within a year or two.
I'm so used to seeing AIOs be around 100+USD, that this and the Thermalright ones make me skeptical.
"Being THAT affordable, they're probably not going to last long.", for example.
If they're just cutting out the middle man, it'd be great if they stay that way. Otherwise, their pricing will creep up in time.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
P.s.
PWM settings in the motherboard's BIOS. I'll adjust the PWM until noise levels do not rise above 38.2 dBA, measured with a noisemeter.
Speaking of which, @Albert.Thomas , from how far away is your noise testing done?
Approximately 1 meter away - the distance from which I normally sit from my computer.

Reactions: Phaaze88

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, but take MAG Coreliquid, Galahad, and Arctic Freezer II [the 3 I can recall off the top of my head] also reviewed well.
What happened with them later on?
MAG Coreliquid: Poor QC and incorrect install(pump in rad units + case's roof = no bueno), sent them to early(er) graves.
Lian Li Galahad: QC with the gen 1s had some misses.
Arctic Freezer II: the gasket used in the batch made between May of 2021 and March of 2022 could lead to leaks and worse performance.
They're one and done; this is a con with AIO reviews. This isn't something seen with air coolers[EDIT: save for those push-pin models.].

Last edited:

Yankee_4tm

Prominent
May 12, 2023
You need a device that measures acoustics.
Plus, if the distance you sit from your PC isn't at least the same as what was done in the noise tests, you'll get different results; [at the same rpm] if you sit further away than the tested sample, it'll sound quieter, and if you sit closer, it'll be louder.
Thanks bro a lot for an answer

Yes, but take MAG Coreliquid, Galahad, and Arctic Freezer II [the 3 I can recall off the top of my head] also reviewed well.
What happened with them later on?
MAG Coreliquid: Poor QC and incorrect install(pump in rad units + case's roof = no bueno), sent them to early(er) graves.
Lian Li Galahad: QC with the gen 1s had some misses.
Arctic Freezer II: the gasket used in the batch made between May of 2021 and March of 2022 could lead to leaks and worse performance.
They're one and done; this is a con with AIO reviews. This isn't something seen with air coolers[EDIT: save for those push-pin models.].
Okay so. We can take this review and the review of my one, and then my own experience as the first step in restoring your confidence in AIO's ;)

Yes, those other AIO's could or have had issues. But we can't tar them all with the same brush. There are benefits and cons of course to both AIO's and big air coolers. I think kudos to ID Cooling.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Okay so. We can take this review and the review of my one, and then my own experience as the first step in restoring your confidence in AIO's ;)

Yes, those other AIO's could or have had issues. But we can't tar them all with the same brush. There are benefits and cons of course to both AIO's and big air coolers. I think kudos to ID Cooling.
Oh no, this doesn't have to do with my confidence with AIOs - they have their place, their pros and cons. I've sated my curiosity.
I've got nothing against ID Cooling either - if there's anything, it's Corsair iCUE and NZXT CAM.

My whining has a degree of concern for the masses; the average user and how they deal with AIO failures/hiccups.
People recall negative experiences more easily than positive ones, and all it takes is a single poor one to make them go, "I'm not touching Brand X again.", or be reluctant to try any of their other products. I think that's too strong a reaction, but maybe I'm the crazy one.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
My whining has a degree of concern for the masses; the average user and how they deal with AIO failures/hiccups.
People recall negative experiences more easily than positive ones, and all it takes is a single poor one to make them go, "I'm not touching Brand X again.", or be reluctant to try any of their other products. I think that's too strong a reaction, but maybe I'm the crazy one.
Very true.