Id-Cooling Reveals IS-65 Low-Profile CPU Cooler (Fans Sold Separately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DStarr3, I agree, and it appears its 90mm tall for no reason. 90mm would not fit in either of my HTPCs, both of which are using Silverstone AR06 coolers.

They could easily bring that heat sink down in closer to the CPU.

Out of curiosity, how do you find it performs, specifically when it comes to noise?

A lot of people with 48mm available for the CPU cooler (Dancase A4, Dr. Zaber Sentry) are finding that while its performance is good, it's very very noisy when anywhere near a case panel.

Valantar

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
For a "low-profile" cooler, that thing is conspicuously tall. I mean, it requires a support brace to avoid flexing. Noctua's NH-L12 has two fans, and is only 3mm taller. Not to mention that it can run with just the bottom 92mm fan attached at 66mm total height ...

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I'll hold off any criticism until its released, but it seems like this would have trouble at 120w. Only 3 heatpipes and small cooling fins at 90mm or so? Why can't anyone make a decent LP cooler? It seems that the only decent LP coolers were the units that came with high wattage AMD CPUs, aftermarket units rarely do any better.

dstarr3

Distinguished

I think they might have just labeled this a "low-profile" cooler to create an excuse for possible poor thermal performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.