ID-Cooling Stream Case Integrates Part of Custom Liquid Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Agree the welds look horrible. I do like the idea though and the shapes, colors look pretty cool. Although making one yourself out of tubing wouldn't be too difficult if you really wanted to.

I, as well as much of my Welding 1 class in high school, could have done better.
I personally think its fine to leave them, as long as they look uniform.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
One of the unintended design features of my inWin 904 case with a radiator attached to it is it acts as one giant heat sink. When I am pushing the CPU, the aluminum in my case gets very hot. This looks interesting.

FallenKell

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
I would think they need to worry about galvanic corrosion. Not all water blocks are going to be use aluminium and the same with the radiators. By having the dissimilar metals corrosion will be a problem over time.

Lutfij

Titan
Niels,
I for one would like to know the internal construct of the chassis simply because those chassis look to be one time use builds due to galvanic corrosion incurring within your loop.

Questors

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2004
For these cases being so "advanced", those TIG welds look fairly poorly done. Not what you should be seeing for that price tag.

You echo my thoughts exactly! My first reaction to seeing the welds, "ACK!"

Niels,
I for one would like to know the internal construct of the chassis simply because those chassis look to be one time use builds due to galvanic corrosion incurring within your loop.

Sometimes an idea is just a bad idea. No doubt this will lead to people using ethylene glycol to stall the horrific galvanic corrosion that will result otherwise. Someone's pet or worse, their child, will inevitably get poisoned from it.

PC water cooling does not reach the temperatures of something like an internal combustion engine and does not need to use such coolants. That is unless someone releases a poorly conceived product like this.

Robert Garnica

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
but what about the metal mixture? i mean copper in the blocks and the radiators and the inner of the chassis it's what? steel? aluminIum? what about galvanic corrosion? just curious,,

Status
Not open for further replies.